Friday, June 17, 2005

Unperfect Perfect

Ain't being "human" wonderful? We all make mistakes. Small or large, it doesn't matter. A mistake it a mistake. But it doesn't mean that we go through a "smorgasbord of sin" and "sin" all we want because we're only human.

I just read a comment from a dear sister in Christ of mine. She pointed out to me that it was another guy who commented, "Some or most of us talk the talk but not walk the talk". It wasn't Paul Dymoke who quoted this last Sunday, it was brother Matt Sickon. Well, I am only human because my "human" mind was telling me that there's a resemblance: Two Mr. Shorty. They both are "short", excuse me for saying this, fellas. ; ) And they both have "short" hair. But, there was an evidence present. Matt's DNA and Spirit was in the room last Sunday while Paul was not. : ) So it was Matt who quoted, "Walk the Talk"! Thanks, Brenda, for pointing this out to me. : )

Jesus said, "Why are you calling me good? No one is good--only God. Luke 18:19 (nas)

Michelle and I were working on assembling a new desk for our office yesterday. It took us about 3 1/2 hours to complete one desk! We're going to work on the other one today! While I was nearing the completion of the first desk, I stumbled into a roadblock.

All but one drawer fits into the desk. I struggled with one and read the instructions again to make sure I assembled this one drawer correctly. I thought I had it all "perfected" until the very last one, it wasn't. I realized that it wasn't assembled correctly and finally declared that I wasn't perfect in building this desk. It was a bit frustrating and disappointing because I wanted to complete this project and go home!

I took apart the pieces of that one drawer to make necessary corrections but ran into another roadblock. After many trips from the instruction guide to the wood, I realized that it wasn't me that was imperfect. It was the wood. I had been deceived. I believed that "I" made a mistake by not following the instructions correctly. I listened to "me" thinking it was "me" that did it all wrong. The instructions were correct but the wood didn't have the holes in the right place. It was the "wood" that wasn't perfect. It was defective. It didn't match the layout on the instruction sheet. I see a strong resemblance here. It's a battle between us and Satan.

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44 (niv)

I see the "defective wood" as Satan and the "instruction" as the Bible. Remember, Satan "..himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Corinthians 11:14 (niv)), is a Deceiver and a Liar. He displays incidences, issues, and other things making us think we made a mistake and did not follow the Bible correctly. It is as if there's something wrong with the "object" (incidences and issues) that the holes were not in the right place. It is Satan's job to make you feel miserable. He wants you to feel disappointed that you didn't fulfill the Lord's will. But you didn't realize that it was Satan that had it all planned. Though, we're all human beings, we make mistakes, yes. And other times, we have done the right thing, Satan is there to make sure you're thinking you didn't! Remember, we need to think that we are "perfect"! Even though, we're unperfect (fleshly), still perfect (in Spirit). How is that?

"We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check." James 3:2 (niv)

You will know you're doing the Godly thing, everyday! And Satan will make sure you think the opposite! Even though, we all stumble in many ways, check yourselves and make sure you're saying the right words and doing the right things. It may not be "you", but it may be Satan doing his thing. Then you will know you have kept your whole body in "check" and is perfect (not that you obtain righteousness on your own, we need Jesus to make ourselves right with God! Remember, no one is good!)

Jesus said, "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:48 (niv)

How so?

"We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ." Colossians 1:28 (niv)

Then go: PROCLAIM JESUS, ADMONISH OTHERS IN JESUS, AND TEACH ABOUT JESUS!

Thank You, God, for I am an "unperfect servant" but "perfect in Christ"!

No comments: