Saturday, June 18, 2005

God, Happy Father's Day!

Tomorrow is Father's Day. I have been thinking about all that my father has done since July 10th, 1968. I remembered all he had done for me, protected me, comforted me, encouraged me, and even reared me. I am so thankful to God for my dad, Jerome (Jerry) Francis Lowenstein, for all he has done for me and still do. He helped me to accept who I am (my deafness). He was there helping with my homework. After he arrived home from work, he changed his clothes and went right behind the batter's plate to help me improve my pitching techniques. He encouraged me to be a hard worker: renovating an old home, apartment house he was an owner of, a major work in the basement, yard work, etc.! He embraced me when we lost our dog, Flipper. Right now, he has been strickened with Parkinsons. My heart goes out to him and all those who have Parkinsons.

My aunt, Marge Ryder, sent me an email with a picture attached of the whole family during one of our summer family reunion years ago. I saw my dad, all smiles, in the rear. When I saw the smile he portrayed, it hit me hard! But those years have been wonderful! Now, I can see how fragile life is. With my dad having Parkinsons, you just never know what will hit us. One day, we all must be prepared to appear before God. I believe "obedience" needs to be in check before we depart from this life.

"He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him." John 14:21 (nas)

Therefore, we only live once so I am very thankful for my dad. But now, I am even more thankful for my Father in Heaven. He's the Provider of all things. He is a patient God. He doesn't want everyone to be destroyed but to come to the knowledge of the truth. He loves us and that's the reason why He sent His Son to die for us for our sins. He blesses us over and over, more than you can ever imagine. Despite of all the fathers in the world today, whether good or bad, we have One Perfect Father who is in Heaven that cares for each of us! That's the Father we all need everyday!

God, Happy Father's Day!

No comments: