Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Talking To God

Here's a prayer that reflects 2 Corinthians 12:9-10:

"And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." (nas)

Like Paul,
We may ask for Him to ease our pains, turmoil, struggles but He said that His grace is sufficient and that His power is made perfect in our weaknesses. Picture a cancer patient who gives a positive attitude, all smiles, and joyful and patient in their affliction. We know this person relies heavily on God because he/she knows life will end but eternal life remains on those who believe in Jesus.

Dear Father,

Your grace is sufficient for me. Your power is made perfect in weakness.
When I am weak, Christ's power can assist, shine through, lift me up.


Please let this happen!

For Christ's sake help me to be content with whatever you let come my way - weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities - for when I am weak, then I am strong!
Let me be strong with your strength even when beset by my own weaknesses.

In the name of him who is my strength, Jesus Christ. Amen!

"..who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 2 Corinthians 1:4 (nas)

2 comments:

Fitness4God said...

Just Talk With God



In this busy world today,
When it seems nothing is going your way,
You feel sad and know not what to do,
Just talk with God, He will be there for you.

Have you lost a loved one and feel so alone?
Does the chair beside you seem so empty in your home?
Just talk with God, be patient, do not despair,
God is occupying that empty chair.

God will take you by the hand and lead you.
He will guide you in life all the way through.
If it is strength you need, just ask, He will provide,
He will never leave you, He is always by your side.

Though the tears may easily flow,
Just talk with God, He understands.
The comfort He gives is far greater than you know,
And your life is better when you are in his hands.

Keep the faith, when trouble comes your way,
Just talk with God, He will be there everyday.
He will listen and tell you just what to do.
Trust in Him, He will carry you through.

Bobby Smith

Anonymous said...

Dennis, very nice. I am adding this to my collection of inspirational quotes and sayings. Thanks for sharing!
Monica