Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Good Day!

I started having this nasty sinusitus (or any other kind of allergy symptoms) that has plagued my head yesterday! It is one of that you call: stuffy and runny nose, itchy and watery eyes, sinus pressure, body aches "so you can rest medicine" type of sickness!

Then another problem came up! Our black labrador retriever, Hope, hasn't been feeling all too well, either! The other day, she chewed on a piece of towel and swallowed a chunk of it. She was resting in her crate and objected in there along with all the objects tangling on her hair. It wasn't a pretty thing. Despite my having the sinuses, I had to give her a quick bath and clean out her crate. Then decided to take her to the ER to see if there's any more obstructions in her body. Well, after two x-rays, there weren't any more because she objected the ball of towel!! I am sorry for being so graphic about this but it's reality! I learned something about labs. The doctor explain that labradors are the worst kind of all dogs when it comes to eating. They eat just about anything, even swallow a huge chunk of things leading to an expensive visit with the doctor! She isn't all too well today so took her to the vet for more observations and the well of my pocket is becoming dry.

Hey, it's a good day! Despite the illnesses in the family, it's a good day!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 (niv)

As our great Lord says, "..in all things.." refers to any incidences, whether positive or negative. He works for the good in these situations and it's for His great purposes. Many of us don't understand and ask the "why" question. Though, the affliction we take in on our lives can be very painful but it's something that's everlasting. The faithfuls (Christians) in this life understands that "nothing can happen to him/her", that is, his/her saved inner selves. In other words, it is, to the saved person, his/her reaction to life's woes, is a controlled response. Paul says,

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:11 (niv)

Regardless of any circumstances, it's a good day! That's the attitude we need, everyday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A Good Day" can be ANY day, even 9/11! You have to take a lot out of your pocket to take care of Hope, your kids, your wife, the house, your cars, etc but this monetary investment brings along relief, thankfulness, better results, happy hearts, ability to LIVE and MOVE ON with your life. I just got into my office after waiting ALLLL morning for an AC repairmant to arrive at Art's house. Like Bruce Black once said, these repairmen really control our lives! My job don't pay annual or sick leave hours because I'm just a student worker. So losing time from work just to wait for a repairman can make MY pockets dry as well. :) Alas, like you said, Mark, "this is a good day!" Heh.

I did ask Jose Abenchuchan a few years ago why are bad things always happening to me. He said that these bad things are blessings from God. Jose was saying that we should be JOYFUL for these bad times we go through. Gee ... I gave him a REALLY puzzled look "HUH?!". He explained the same verse Phil 4:11 to me (I never got this verse) and since then, this has really kicked into my newly christianized soul. This understanding is still overwhelming me but I do get it now. :) So .. for ME, today is a good day. I lost pay, but at least my landlord and the rest of us tenants can be assured that we will all come home to a nice cool HOME each day. So this day brings forth many more good days all the same. :)

Monica

Anonymous said...

correction: I wrote "I never got this verse" was a typo. I meant to say "I never forgot this verse".
Ok Satan, you failed. :) PFFTTTT.
Monica

Mark Lowenstein said...

Monica,

Haha.. Thanks for your loving comments. I must say, "Amen and amen" in what Jose said to you a couple years ago. All the problems in the world gives us the joy knowing Jesus is the Lord of all things!! We have every spiritual blessings available for those who are faithful unto death!!