Monday, June 20, 2005

Cry Holy

I thought yesterday was just great! I love to worship God! Rain, snow, ice, sleet, hot, cold, scorching, and windy! I just can't miss the greatest time to be with God. There's nowhere else I rather be than to worship Him! I, for one, don't understand others who just don't come merely out of boredom, busy-ness, or are being bombard with the pressures of Satan.

Yesterday, we had a handful coming together. Carl and Nina Moore came to Fairfax and it was great seeing them. We love them with all our hearts, minds, souls, and strengths. I gave Carl the opportunity to preach God's Word to us and he did a very good job. It was a long lesson but he gave it with all of his heart. He PREACHED the Word, and that's what's important! I was so glued to all of the Scriptures he used for his lesson, "Why Should We Obey God?". So glued that I hardly ever notice the time, I just didn't care (time) because it is God who is speaking to us. If I were to limit Carl with a "time", I am limiting God. But, of course, it's important that the congregation gets His message in a clear way with a clear mind. Thank you, Carl, for preaching His message. You have helped us in understanding that "obedience" is very important. Amen!

I want to talk a little about holiness. Both you and I know God is extremely holy. There's no wrong in Him. There's no blemish. There's no defect. He's an omnipotent (all-powerful), omniscience (all-knowing) and omnipresence (everywhere - all places) God! Amen!?

"I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy." Leviticus 11:44 (niv)

God has always and will always be in the presence of His children. During the days of Israel, God walked with them through the wilderness just as He is doing today! Israel has always stood before the Lord because His tabernacle can be seen. Israel devoted their time and life to the Lord. So they actually worshipped God, E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y, including on a sabbath which was very important to God. Sabbath is a day of rest because God rested on the seventh day! It is a day to look back on all God had done for Israel. When they come into the presence of the Lord just like Moses did, they are standing on the Holy Ground!

"Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." Exodus 3:5 (niv)

Though, God knows all we're doing (motives), where we are (presence), what we're thinking (understanding), we're standing on the Holy Ground. Instead of Israel being able to see God in the tabernacle, from the world, we see God sitting on His throne in Heaven. He's watching us from the throne room: watching our every moves, every thought; in your homes, on the road, in your workplace, and in your heart. We are to be "a people who are "holy":

"..for you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the LORD has chosen you to be his treasured possession." Deuteronomy 14:2 (niv)

Awesome! We're His prized possession. He cares for us. He choses us. But we have to choose Him, first. He wants us to love and obey Him. He wants us to be holy covered with the blood of Christ. He wants us to be ".. a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God,.." 1 Peter 2:9 (niv)

Isn't that what His church ought to be? Priesthood of God aren't people who are lazy or bored about their relationship with God! They aren't a group of people worrying about time spent in worship. They are people who "Cry Holy!" to the Lord! They are people who open the eyes of their hearts to the Lord and ask Him to feed them with His love and Word! They are people who are "..true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks." John 4:23 (niv) God seeks a church that is spiritual and seeking the truth! Sing this song, over and over!

__
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord.
Open the eyes of my heart.
I want to see You. I want to see You.

To see You high and lifted up,
Shining in the midst of Your glory,
Lord, pour out Your power and love,
As we sing, Holy, holy, holy!

And we cry, Holy, holy, holy!
Holy, holy, holy!
I want to see You!
__

When we"cry holy" asking God to continue to bless us, God will see each of us as His prized possession.

Cry holy to our Lord, daily!

4 comments:

Fitness4God said...

More HOLY songs I can hear ringing inside me :)

Holy, Worthy..
Holy, Worthy..
Holy, Worthy..
Holy, Worthy..
Is the Lamb who died for me.

Here's another one I remembered singing with the hearing congregation.

You are holy, You are holy
You are mighty, You are mighty
You are worthy, You are worthy
Worthy of praise, Worthy of praise

And I will follow, And I will follow
I will listen, I will listen
I will love You, I will love You
All of my days, All of my Days

Anonymous said...

We are to be kwazy for God, everyday and Sunday! I am thankful for those who attends, if I may add this: faithfully, at Fairfax. The committed are those that pleases God. The faithfuls are those who 'cry holy' to our Lord!

Fitness4God said...

"Cry Glory"

What did Jesus mean when he said "glory" has come to me through them? God's GLORY is the revelation of His character and presence. The lives of Jesus disciples reveal his character and he is present to the world through them. Does your life reveal Jesus character and presence?

Jesus was asking that the disciples be united in harmony and love as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are united - the strongest of all unions.

Anonymous said...

Can I swim holy? :)

Monica