Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Baptism of Abebe and Jenni Asrat

Here's a summary of my comments about the Asrats.

Abebe visited Fairfax last year. He comes every once in a while to worship with us.

Not long ago, he came with his fiancee', Jennifer, and announced that they are engaged.

I also learned that they were living together outside of marriage which is not something the Lord wants. And they wanted to be baptized! I didn't want to diffuse their excitement and joy to be connected to the Lord. Before being baptized, I gave them a choice to live separately until marriage or to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord. They didn't want to live apart because of their love for each other.

They got married on November 25th. Not long after exchanging their vows, they buried their old lives in the Lord and their sins washed away with the blood of Jesus!

Abebe, in the dressing room, came to me and said, "Now, I feel no guilt!!!"

Awesome!

5 comments:

Fitness4God said...

There is joy in the presence of God's angels when even one sinner repents!!! Luke 15:10

You're getting fancy now with YouTube!

Thanks for posting YouTube. You'll have to teach me how to do this!

Mark Lowenstein said...

In addition to this, a very, very special thanks to our beloved brother in Christ and deaf minister of the gospel, Joe Kaplan (Friendly Ave. Church of Christ Deaf Ministry in Greensboro, NC) for encouraging Abebe to visit Fairfax. Without Joe's encouragement, I am not sure where Abebe will be. Now, with his new wife, Jenni, they are with the Lord! Let's give God the glory for He is good!! Thank you, God, for using Joe Kaplan!!

Anonymous said...

I'll second the thanks to God for Joe Kaplan! He and his wife befriended my daughter, Valerie, while she was at Abilene...helping keep her happy when she was so very homesick for Fairfax! She couldn't say enough about the faith and committment modeled by them, and their example of a devoted Christian couple. And then to see Joe a couple of weeks ago here...just helps remind us how small this world is when it comes to being with the family of God! - karin kerby

Anonymous said...

Great way to share events and encouragement! Thanks for posting all these videos! Love, Pedro

Mark Lowenstein said...

Pedro!!! Great to see you on my blog.. I'm adding your blogsite to my list.. :) I love the analogy you explained: teaching a dog to say meow, cow to gallop and men to dress like women. :) Keep on teaching us!!