Monday, November 06, 2006

Rushing Blood

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 (niv)

This morning, I did my sixth Cycle 45 (a cycling class I'm taking at Gold's that requires 45 minutes of rigorous cycling exercise led by an instructor).. I'm really enjoying the "pain & misery" of cycling! I know it does a whole world of good to my heart and my life!!

I was running out of time. Needed a quick shower and get ready for the "teacher's conference" to discuss the progresses of our three girls at school. Just before showering, I could almost hear the "blood" rushing in my whole body. My heart was still beating hard. I was still sweating. My "Under Armor" shirt was tremendously soaked as if I jumped into the water. Though, tired, it was an awesome feeling. I just loved hearing the rushing blood in my body..

And it made me think the moment of "hearing" the blood rushing in me.

Seriously.. When I devote my time in reading the Word of God (bible), talk to God in prayer, serve the Lord in our community, commit with all my heart, my mind, my soul, and my strength in worship to God, reaching out to the hurting, the poor, the sick, those who are "spiritually blind" and the lost souls for Christ Jesus, the rushing blood of Jesus continues to pour from within me out to others in dire need of His forgiveness for their sins! Otherwise, the "rushing blood" isn't overflowing from within us because we're not imitating Christ. Of course, only through Christ, we have the forgiveness of sins. Only through Christ, we receive the propitiation for our sins. Only through Christ, we're able to allow the world to see Him through our example in life, in love, in purity and in speech!

Not only that I love the feeling of the "rushing blood" in me after I do my exercises, but the "overflowing of Christ's blood" from within me as I do His Divine Will!

I feel His nails.
I feel the crown of thorns.
I feel His 39 minus 40 whip-lashed scars.

He did it for me and the world. Now, what are you doing for Him?

Is the "blood of Christ" rushing out of you?

Lord, have mercy on our souls!

No comments: