Thursday, November 09, 2006

Marriage

In the state of Virginia,

1,325,668 voted "Yes" (57%) to ban same-sex marriage

while

1,003,967 (47%) voted "No".

1,003,967 is a lot of votes against banning same-sex marriage. And I see a strong Genesis', Sodom and Gomorrah, in the world today! And over a million people in the state of Virginia, alone, are against the amendment to ban same-sex marriage. God designed marriage to be only a "husband & wife; male & female".

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2:24 (nas)

And here's a very, very strong verse the Lord provided through Apostle Paul:

"Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error." Romans 1:24-27 (nas)

God takes marriage seriously:

"Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge." Hebrews 13:4 (nas)

Not only Virginia did the votes on "same-sex marriage ban" but alot of other states did. South Carolina had a 78% and Tennessee a whooping 81% of the votes were "Yes" to ban "same-sex marriage" while Arizona had 51% "No" vote to ban same-sex marriage.

How much work do we have to do in this world today to bring God in schools, in the Senate, in the House, in the White House, in the workplace, in our homes, and among our friends? I pray the Lord will increase our fervor to bring the gospel to both dying hearts (spiritual fire) and lost souls!

2 comments:

Val said...

Well, you can switch at least one of those votes over. I didn't understand the wording of the ballots, so I made the opposite choice on ALL of the laws/admendments on my ballot. Why can't they make the wording understandable!! It's not even that I'm stuipd...I have a college degree. But I am no lawyer and don't understand their jargon! Oh well, thankfully my vote didn't matter, but I wonder how many others didn't understand the wording either?

Mark Lowenstein said...

LOL!

Wow! I didn't see it that way (re: wording)! And you're right about that! Now, I wonder, too..

You and I are in the same boat. I knew the State, City, County (or whatever names are responsible) need funds to pay for highway expansions and schools. They were talking about renovating the North Leesburg and would cost us millions of $ in taxes. Leesburgians are already paying high property and city taxes! It's totally outrageous! If they're going to increase it, we're gone!

And the rest of the "questions with foreign words", I simply put a 'No'! I'm only interested in schools and transportation! :)