Monday, November 27, 2006

Going Under...

No, no.. I'm not talking about baptism this time. I'm talking about my upcoming surgery this Wednesday morning. I'm be going into a "forced coma" then going under the knives and scopes to fix this problem that I've been having for over two years now. Not long ago, the doctor found out that I have a mild tear in my left rotator cuff. He asked me what I did to cause it and I told him that I did a lot of things: softball, shoulder press, back workout, butterfly (swimming), and my all-time favorite, picking up my 50 to 60 lbs girls over my head.

Yeah, yeah.. I guess you could call me a "Daddy-Rock (The wrestler named "The Rock")" or "Conan The Preacher". But it's been years since I last picked up my super-heavy girls now. And I do miss doing that. My girls love it!! They would come to me and say, "Pick me up, daddy. Pick me up.." I was like, "Oh, I do wish but I can't, right now, honey".. I just hated giving this kind of rejection. Every now and then, I go up to people with newborns and love to pick them up to give them a "blubber belly", my signature of giving a "raspberry tickle on their tummies". Sometimes, my shoulder couldn't even bear a 20 lb or less babies.. I forget that I have this problem.

Not only with kids and babies, but helping people I love move from their homes into the new homes. I would arrive home grimmacing with a little pain after lifting heavy loads of furnitures and boxes. I love to help but I hate to feel the consequences of helping with the move. My heart rejoices but my body doesn't. It sounded like a quote that God gave to one of His Disciples, "The Spirit is willing but the body is weak." Exactly!!

Now, I'm ready to get this taken care of!! Why?! So my body can be in step with the Spirit! And, that, I'm eager for a rejoicing shoulder with a rejoicing Spirit!! :)

Please lift me and my family up in your prayers. Remember me this Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. when I will be going under!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything went well this morning and you are back home recovering nicely. Blessings!