Thursday, May 18, 2006

Sister in Christ


We had a blast last Sunday!! We had a wonderful fellowship celebrating Mother's Day and Dorothy's 50th birthday party!!

Dorothy was very nervous about this party but she did very well. We're proud of her and she was full of J-O-Y throughout the day!! :)

I want to share something about Dorothy. I have known her my entire time with the church at Fairfax. She "IS" a joy to be around with. And everyone enjoys being around her. She loves the deaf and she loves using ASL (American Sign Language). Dorothy has been ever faithful to the deaf worship services. I don't recall her ever missing one, and if I remember right, even after she had surgery that one week and managed to show up that Sunday! She's an AWESOME example to me!! Despite many obstacles she faced throughout the 50 years of her life, her faith with God stands! Here are a couple more pictures to enjoy:

Jenifer McKenney holds an amazing picture given to Dorothy by Jenifer, Neil and Kathy Flavin. I could see in Dorothy's eyes that she was flabbergasted!! It was really exciting to see Dorothy lifted up high with extreme elation!



I love to see her smile! It was fun bringing joy to a person's heart! Thank You, God, for the laughter we share!!

And we got to eat a piece of cake!!
Thank you for all those who come to celebrate her birthday and to praise all the mothers in the world as well as the women who mothers God's children in His church!!
God bless you all!!

2 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Dorthy is definitely a sweetheart. Tell her Happy Birthday for us!

Mark Lowenstein said...

Hi Michelle!

Oh yes!! She is awesome!! :) I am sure she reads my blogs (but I may be wrong). :) Will make sure she gets your birthday greeting!!

In addition to this, she has been faithful in sending birthday cards to everyone. It's an awesome ministry (card ministry). And she has been a great help with Hazel bringing her to church and back home!