Saturday, May 27, 2006

D.B.R.


Pray that you're having a great Memorial weekend! For some who have not read my blog this weekend, pray that you "HAD" a great Memorial weekend!

Today, I helped all my three girls wash cars, trucks, mini-vans at the car wash fundraising event for their summer swim team. We had a bunch of cars, vans, and trucks lined up ready for us to wash away the pollen, mud and bird poop! I cannot refrain from telling you how much bird poop there was on each and every vehicles!! It's really amazing how the poop landed on almost every car but find none on the sidewalk!! Not that I recall!! Really amazing!!

Then we took the kids to the pool. Today is the first official day to open the pool. The water was frigid because we haven't had a heat wave here since last year!! It's the end of May and we'll finally get a temp over 90's tomorrow for the first time this year!! I'll be in the frigid water to cool off!!

As I lay on the beach chair, I remember all the old movies about war: Red Dawn, Saving Private Ryan, John Wayne war movies, Apocalypse Now, Pearl Harbor, Full Metal Jacket, and many more others.

I believe the two "memorial-packing" movies to date are: Saving Private Ryan and Pearl Harbor. Two vivid memories from these movies: (In Saving Private Ryan) all the men racing toward the battle lines from the boats as it docks on sand and the Germans shooting them down from the hills like ducks! I couldn't believe my own eyes that these brave men actually faced this kind of fear. It was bravery in action! (In Pearl Harbor) innocent men and women were in for a quiet surprise after seeing "Ground Zero" planes flying overhead and bombing them to zlich! One image I saw were men trapped in a boat that was overturned because it took in water after the Jap plane shot it with torpedos. The men, trapped, had their hand held out of a hole while other men work their way to create escape. But it was too late. The men inside grasped another men outside until there was no air to breathe, had to be let go. I was told that the bodies still remain in the ships that sunk in Hawaii. The memorial still stands there!

And I am so thankful for being in the country where there's freedom and peace. We're blessed in many ways because of all the men and women who fought and died for our country, to keep our country free, and to keep our country peaceful!

Another lifegiving memorial that we all must remember is the Death of Jesus. And the Burial of Christ. And the Resurrection of our Savior! He died to set us free from our sins and have peace with God! That's the most important thing in life and life to come!

"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,.." 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (niv)

Always remember the DBR! Always! Your life depends on it!

1 comment:

emily...♫ said...

DBR...i'll remember that! thanks, mr. lowenstein!

P.S. i was really blessed by your response to my last comment. thanks!