Monday, April 10, 2006

God-pleasing Repentance


Yesterday's worship in Greensboro, North Carolina at Friendly Ave. church was wonderful! The theme of the gospel meeting was, "Committed To Jesus". On Saturday, I talked about our hearts (the Lord looks at our hearts) and heads (what's the purpose, picture the future and vision). Then yesterday, I talked about hands (what gift from God do you have and what are you doing with it) and habits (Are you serving our living God?). Everyone really gained insights from this lessons and four came forward to repent from their sins and Joe Kaplan, deaf minister with the Friendly Ave congregation asked for our prayers as well. Not only Joe, but in my heart, this four "H" helped me a whole lot. I stand before God in need of His forgiveness as I repent from my many sins as well!! I pray that the rest of those in worship had their hearts stirred as well!!

The deaf congregants at Friendly Ave. are one of the most humble church I have ever seen. They are extremely zealous for God. And the fellowship luncheon was awesome. There were tons of food there (casseroles, side dishes, chicken, desserts) and everyone had plenty to eat!

"..and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." Luke 24:47 (niv)

  • All men every where must be called and commanded to repent, Acts 17:30.
  • The great gospel privilege of the remission of sins must be proposed to all, and assured to all that repent, and believe the gospel.

I love a repentant heart!! So what of those who continue on through life...

"But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed." Romans 2:5 (niv)

Pray for those four precious souls who came forward yesterday!! And I pray that you will come to the Lord with a renewed sense of purpose, the purpose of pleasing God!!

2 comments:

Fitness4God said...

The Christian has a great advantage over other men, not by being
less fallen than they, nor less doomed to live in a fallen
world, but by knowing that he is a fallen man in a fallen world.

-- C. S. Lewis

Mark Lowenstein said...

Awesome quote by C.S. Lewis!! I must say, "Amen!" to that!! I admit that we are sinners condemned to die but Jesus saved us by offering Himself as a propitiation for our sins!!

Hallelujah!!