Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Connection......... L-O-S-T

I guess I am not much of a computer whiz these days.. I have a degree in computer science. I learned several difficult programming classes: Cobol, CICS, UNIX and others. I also had to take networking classes. I think the networking class tops the rest of the classes as the most difficult class!! But, hey, remember this!! Computer and internet age didn't go off to a running start til around 1990.. Everything was very new to almost everyone, including computer-illiterate-me!!

I had a great friend of mine, Dennis Young, help me with the wireless internet connection at home a couple months ago. It was a blessing to have him help us out!! At that time, I was using my old work computer until it was time to get a new one due to my inability to use the mouse off the computer. It was malfunctioning and the computer is becoming much slower than before..

After getting a new laptop computer in January, I have tried over and over to get the internet connection working from my wireless router to the "built-in" wireless-capable laptop. Then last night, I worked hard on this to get connectivity. I did just about everything I could to get the connection going. The message keeps popping up, "Not Able To Connect To Lowenstein". Does that drive you up the wall!!?? You have to have the correct SSID name, key #, password, whether it's an "OPEN", "SHARED" mode, if we're using WPA or WEP. Everything is foreign in there!! Of course, I knew that whatever I have set on the laptop computer must match the central wireless router to get CONNECTION!!

After several months, days and a couple of hours yesterday, CONNECTED TO LOWENSTEIN!! Ahh, praise the Lord!! I have never felt so good and it's always a good feeling to accomplish something after working so hard on it. You know the feeling, don't you!!

I can relate this with God. I would hate to have loss all connection with the King of kings and Lord of lords! I believe I know what happens when one has lost his/her connection with the Eternal God. They may be doing something contrary to the will of God. Like requiring the exact SSID, key #, password, the right mode and whether it's a WPA or WEP for connection, God does expect us to live in obedience to His commands to have eternal connection with Him so that,

"..you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19 (niv)

"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." Ephesians 4:15-16 (niv)

How's your connection with God? Remember, what you do, everyday has to agree with what the Father expects of us. Pray that your connection with Him isn't, L-O-S-T!!

2 comments:

Fitness4God said...

If you had PRAYED and ask for His help, it would not have taken you several months, days and a couple of hours! :)

Know the feeling of tech frustration! PTL!

Anonymous said...

Dennis, maybe Mark did pray and pray and then God finally responded in HIS OWN TIME by sending Dennis Young to end his agony. :) Give poor Mark a break!
Monica