Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Contentment

Bloggers!

I don't know what to say.. At the moment, I'm just beyond words. I just opened this blog site, entered my username and password and am just sitting here looking at the cursor blink waiting for the command at my fingertips!

It has been a whirlwind three weeks (preparation for North Carolina, North Carolina gospel meeting, preparation for Easter Sunday, my in-laws in town, and Easter Sunday!)! I am need to be at a home care facility which is long overdue. I have people wanting to meet me for lunch, dinner or at Starbucks. I am plans sitting on my desk waiting for some brainstorming. I have Christians who haven't come to church in weeks, months or even years that need prayers, TLC (tender loving care) and admonishments. I need to prepare for a new class starting tomorrow and finishing my 2 Corinthians study for Sunday. I have 11 missed calls (at work) on my videophone since being out of the office last Thursday. I need to write up a couple of "personal thank you's" to send to our visitors. But, overall, I'm relieved that the gospel meeting and Easter Sunday has passed. Now, looking forward to this year's intern, Brian Baell, whom will be with us this summer from May 28th through July 16th. He'll be a great help to get me back on track before the gospel meeting in Alaska and another busy Fall season.

Sunday's Easter services and fellowship luncheon was wonderful!!! We had 60 in worship attendance. More people came for the fellowship luncheon totalling almost 68 people in attendance! We had a handful of visitors which is normal especially on holidays like Christmas. It was great to see them all and they will always be in our prayers. Thanks for everyone who brought in the main dishes!!! We had plenty of food and lots of joyful worshippers whom had their fill, both spiritually and physically! Thank You, Lord!!

I watched the news this morning while ironing my shirt. They were talking about the skyrocketing gas prices in America!! There's no relief in sight! Analysts says that it will get worse! Wow!! This certainly does hurt our wallets and, of course, our plans to be on the road. Yet, we ought to rejoice in the Lord regardless of any circumstances. Let's look at the Word of God where Paul wrote to the church in Philippi,

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13 (niv)

Did you know that Paul's (formerly Saul) great teacher was Gamaliel. Gamaliel taught Paul everything about Judaism. But Christ taught Paul how to learn to be content regardless of any circumstances. If you haven't done so, look at Paul's "Resume of Suffering" filled with series of negatives that he learned to be content with in 2 Corinthians 11:21-33.. He's an awesome example to us all so be thankful for the life you have and always be content, regardless!

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9 (niv)

Have you learned how to be content in life? If not, go to Christ and learn it!

3 comments:

Val said...

Wow, for someone to sit down and no know what to say, you ended up writing a lot!! Anyways, hang in there, I've always found that Spring is a very stressful season for many reasons, you've named a few. You should look at last weeks numbers and see how much your hard work has paid off! Now, let it go and start digging in and get to work. Take it one step at a time. Oh and you can save some for your intern ;-)

Mark Lowenstein said...

Laura, thanks for your prayers! I really need them!! You've been a great encouragement!! And Val, thanks for the reminder!! You're right, I will dump everything on our "interns" lap!! Haha.. And, of course, I'll help him. :)

Pray that all is well with you both.. Have a wonderful week!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mark for being here with us!