Thursday, March 30, 2006

Me & Them

"And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' " Matthew 22:39 (niv)

I think you and I can put this in simple terms. I mean a mere, 'simple', terms..

ME:
Respect myself
Protect myself
Care for myself
Abuse not myself (no drugs, drunkeness, fornication, etc.)
Blame not myself
Accuse not myself
Damage not myself
Love the life I have (regardless)
Provide for myself (not wishful thinking or selfish ambition)
Discipline myself
Build myself up
Equip myself (with God's Armor)
Confess self
Repent

THEM:
Respect them
Protect them
Care for them
Protect them
Do not abuse them
Do not blame them (but we can point out the problems)
Do not accuse them (but we can rebuke them)
Do not destroy them
Love them
Provide them (for what they need)
Serve them
Discipline them
Correct them
Inspire them
Guide them
Admonish them

In many cases, we must deny ourselves for the good of our neighbor, and must make ourselves servants to the true welfare of others, and be willing to spend and be spent for them, to lay down our lives for the brethren.

No comments: