Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Preaching...

Next month, we will be here for 9 years!! That's exactly the same age as our third daughter, Alyson. It's really hard to believe how fast time goes.

And it made me think... It made me think of the possibilities...

How we waste time arguing over doctrinal matters.
How we procrastinate in trying to accomplish important things.
How Satan does a pretty good job keeping us at bay (from doing the Lord's work).
How God can do marvelous things through us but we can't find the time to do it.

Okay..

Talk is extremely cheap. (You might say, "Yeah, I know I haven't done so and so..)
Excuses costs your life. (God is never interested in them.)

Then I often thought.. Why am I here?

After preaching over 2,000 lessons (sermons) (56 weeks a year (almost 56 lessons)) in 9 years!, not to mention that I work on my days off, preparing lessons on Powerpoint, communicate with Cario, our webmaster, and Tim, our deaf worship leader, what have each of you accomplished out of these lessons?

Few have marvelously transformed and continue to on the transforming lane.
Few have given their lives to pursue ministerial duties at Sunset (www.sibi.cc)

I guess I'm preaching to myself as I type.

I want to understand.

I want to comprehend what God is doing through me. He has been talking to me as I read the Bible, as I pray asking for His forgiveness and forgiving others, and as I listen to others filled with grief.
I want to understand why we're so distracted from doing His work. I want to understand why we've become so defensive against such a wise advice or a sharp but loving criticism.
I want to understand why we plan other things over spending time with God and His people.
I want to understand why, after one day we're on cloud 9 with God then the next day, we're doing evil things (a more Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Living).
I want to understand when I give the utmost Christian example to others, they don't see it and immulate.

After last week/weekend's deaf conference with Billy Leavell, God, through him, made me think about alot of things. God has new plans for me and my family. Now, we await for His "green light".

5 comments:

Deaf Band Of Brothers said...

I believe that God has his reasons for us moving to Virginia. Always was looking for opportunity for last 12 years to be closer to Fairfax family. Now the time has come since we have moved. Deaf Prison Ministry appeared. So knowing there are many other avenue that I can contribute not just at Fairfax but outside the church. I pray Lord will open many doors for you Mark. Keep the flame going. I'm praying for not just you but for God's work in this area.

ccm14er said...

Hey !!!!!

For this recent comment above, I do respect what at the liberty of what that commentor have written about "moving to Virginia" for a such unique reason, I felt I disagree on this regard -- people in Wash DC metro area (like Virginia you mentioned) usually tend to "push themselves to the Wall" as sticking point of what the Gally world out there (its meant by "grown out of Gally" in some circumstances) -- that's why they aren't doing themselves be better people. The only way for SOME people is moving to out of state to many many good cities (metro areas) like Denver, KC, Cleveland, Orlando, whatever) -- THEN the people will become better people .... I am talking about the Deaf world and its culture. I moved out of DC area because I don't know HOW to learn to change myself to be better person in DC -- no way I want to change at all for DC ... I had been frustrated to adjust the lifestyle in DC area. This is like "I didn't pass the Test -- Wash DC 101 course" -- I was failed that Test !!!! Now living here in somewhere in Midwest/West, I felt better and much better focus on my family and much happier. Personally and Analystically, I felt so sorry for people "who stuck in DC "mud-cake" -- I understand why there is a good church, like this FXCC church who trying to help people who can better adjust for better people in DC area. Yes !! But, however, in statistically, I don't see too many people in DC area will ever adjust AT ALL. Nope.... Thank God for me and my family to move out of state. For better "family needs" I suggest lot of people should move out to somewhere to live in "family friendly" metro area !!!!! Wash DC metro area is really BAD for raising family (for to speak, only in statistics comparisions to other cities) -- Wash DC metro is RANKED almost to the BOTTOM of list for family-friendly new-life living for people !!!!

That's why its very SAD for people who is very stubborn and Brat-brazen wanting to stay in DC metro. OH boy, I understand for setting up Deaf churches, like this one FXCC, in all over DC metro, hoping to make things look better for deaf people !!! Unfortunately, ONLY VERY FEW !!!!

Sigh and Pray for more people coming into your church and other deaf churches in DC metro. It is the hardest for making the "uproad" be successful -- making the "Bridge" between the people out there and God itself.

Cheers and Moving on !!!!!
Smiles, C......

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,

Where do you think God wants you to go? TEXAS?

ccm14er said...

see comments above, see TEXAS ?? Maybe better fit for Mark's family, WHO KNOWS !!!!!???????

SIGH -- Remember the Dear Lord always GIVE you the guys ALL THE FREEDOM to go AS God can give you "an award" if you wanna to feel to ask for TEXAS move !!!???!!!??? Mark ???

Sure !!! I did !!! Someone else samething too. Any one else -- probably alot as he-she wish in feel to move as so MUCH need to make things HAPPIER.

DON'T STAY IN REAL MUD-LAKE LIKE QUICKSAND ???? OUCH !!!!

OHHHH BOOOOYYYYYEEEEEE !!!
My Cowboy Hat has tipped off for anyone who HAVE DESIRE so God can give them. Yeah. Howdy-Yahoo !!!!

Smiling in Rockies Blowing IN !!!!
My favorite KANSAS JAYHAWKS has won the NCAA Championship !!!! Oh Man, hope Coach Bill Self stay on team (keep away from Okla State) !!!!

C......

Mark Lowenstein said...

Ha!

I don't know where that came from. "Green Light" doesn't necessarily mean we'll be leaving Fairfax. ;)

Not only there are "doors" out there (outside of Fairfax) but there are doors inside where we are. We pray the Lord will lead us to that door where we will make God shine so bright that every deaf soul will come to know that light!