Monday, March 10, 2008

He shall find rest..

Good evening...

We're heavy in heart and have been since last week. Our dear brother in Christ, Bob Roth, is getting close to departing this world to spend eternity with God. He will leave behind his beautiful wife, Tresa and five precious children under the ages of 13.

We admire Bob's faith with God. He has struggled with cancer for over a year and a half. At one time, we had thought, with God's help, he successfully conquered cancer but it crept back, rapidly! Right now, he's enduring the valley of the shadow of death. He is not fearing evil and knows God is with Him all the way through.

Bob loves the Lord. He loves the church. He ministered in the area of benevolence. He has helped countless people with diverse issues especially the deaf. Despite he struggles, he managed to be with us to worship God, even at the weakest point in his life. He's a guy that wouldn't trade anything else for Jesus, for His church, for the time to be with Christians.

We know he's nearing the time of "rest". Psalm 62:5-7 says, "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone, my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God, he is my mighty rock, my refuge."

Soon, he'll find the covet opportunity Christians seek, rest.

See you soon, brother. We love you. And we'll do our very best to comfort and encourage your family. May God be with you!

No comments: