Friday, March 07, 2008

Bamboozled?

It was a good day today! In fact, it's been a great week! I know I haven't blogged much these days. I've been doing DC Whiteboard every Monday and getting it out in the blogwaves.

I'm not giving up!

Despite receiving criticism and accusations that we're false teachers, I'm not giving up. I say what the Scriptures say. I quote what the Scriptures say. I do the best I can to explain the Scriptures to the hearts of the deaf in the world.

No. I'm not giving up!

Am I confused? Did I misread the Scriptures? I don't think so? I'm very confident about this. I'm not "self-deceived"! Though, there are remarkable capacity for "self-deception". We can hear clear teaching from Jesus and say, "We don't get it." Really? How is that? Is His instruction too complicated?

Someone quoted in the Lowenstein's "YouTube" saying that it is dangerous to teach the book of Acts to newbies (unbelievers and new converts)! Did that raise my eyebrows?

Most definitely, yes! Also, it jaw dropped!

I believe the most dangerous thing is "NOT" teaching the "WHOLE WORD OF GOD", from cover to cover; from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21! The Word of God (a.k.a. the Bible) isn't confusing at all. God is NOT the author of confusion. It's the people.

What about "Love the Lord your God" don't we understand? Too complicated?

What about "Love your neighbor" can't we grasp? Still too complicated?

What about "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved" that we can't comprehend? Way too complicated?

What about "Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men" escapes our comprehension? Do you say, "I can't do that."?

Are the fundamentals teachings of Jesus, Paul, Peter imprecise and vague?

Have you discovered your protests about Jesus' direction? Does it have to do with rebellion than ignorance? Do we possess selfish ambition rather than long for greater biblical clarity?

We can go on and on saying, "My church taught me this and that..; I don't believe your church's doctrine.; That's not what my minister said.; My daddy warned me about your church; Well, that's what your church teaches.; I have nothing to say, talk to my preacher."

What if Jesus meant what He said?

What if Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, meant what he said?

What if we know precisely what Jesus meant when Jesus said what he said?

What if we don't like what Jesus said? Or Paul? Or Peter?

What then?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!
Patty Ann Melnikas :-)

ccm14er said...

Hey Mark !!!!

I understand that yes !!!

However, remember this is THE WORLD in matter of fact .... we cannot be lied in this reality. There are over 3,000 religions in this World. Maybe close enough to the Christ and Kingdom of God -- maybe let say 500 religions might fit in this important criteria !!

OK ... let you read below:

Church One: The pastor will say something to any one -- We just follow what the Bible has said .. he might mention something disagreeable to next Church.

Church Two: ditto and ditto.

Church Three: ditto and ditto.

Church Four: ditto and ditto

GO ON AND GO ON .... all way down to Church 500th (supposely). ditto and ditto.

Every Christ might agree and disagree with YOU, Mark. I know I understand if you TRIED to give impression of what "that is what the Bible has sadi"

Still and still !!!!!!!

Each pastor might say "technical" to choose a most critical part of Bible to make the impression of WHAT THE CHURCH HAS MADE FROM. Your church is Christian -- however another church is also Christian. Each pastor of two churches might "pinpoint" on what small section of Bible to make the MOST impression, probably to get CLOSER to what the perfect teachings of Christ and God Himself !!!!!

Hey, Mark, please give people respect and give some good degree of broad area to go forward as we all the differences !!!!

THAT'S SIMPLE AND THAT'S ALL.

I don't blame anyone who might critize on your church or other church. Mark, you just go preaching as you like as you feel the best fit for you to make the best connection. Simple.

God Bless Ya.

C......