Monday, July 17, 2006

Rick Springfield



Michelle and I went to "Live At Belmont" for the "Rick Springfield" concert last night. Even though, it was extremely hot and humid but it was awesome!! We were in the "Gold C" section where only 400 people are able to sit directly in front of the stage. And there were thousands of people around us. We were on the second row to the left of the stage but could clearly see Rick.

Rick has been my favorite musician since the early 1980's. Some of you may know him as an actor in a daytime soap opera called, "General Hospital".


Rick came down to mingle around with the crowds. We just didn't think he would do that. He does have alot of guts to go down there where all of his screaming fans were dying to get their hands on him. There were people swarming all over him. Here's Michelle with Rick in the background.

Here's another picture of me with Rick in the background. Though I attended his concert in Salina, Kansas with my friend, Jon, way back in the 80's, we sat on a second level and could only see him from a distance. Until last night, he was extremely close to us.


He sang my all-time favorite songs: Jessie's Girl, Human Touch, I've Done Everything For You, Don't Talk To Strangers, Rock of Life, Bop 'Til You Drop, Affair Of The Heart, What Kind Of Fool Am I, State Of The Heart, and many more.. I forgot alot of his words but I do know alot of his choruses!

Here's another picture of Rick. He was standing right in front of us! Then he left to go to another side and jumped out of the "Gold C" section and ran around to greet his fans. Then he jumped back into the "Gold C" section and walked up to me to give me a "high five"!! Well.. I had my hand held up high and we missed the contact then he put his hand back up and finally got a contact and patted his sweaty back.. Ewwwww.. I asked Michelle, "Would you like to smell this??" We had a great time, together!! That was the most important of the whole concert, being with Michelle!! Rock on, Rick!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Superb! I'm a huge fan of Rick myself. From the looks of the pictures, obviously everyone had a great time! He surely gets the crowd going! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Greg