Friday, July 21, 2006

Heavenfire

Time to shift our thinking, people! Our lives are increasingly intertwined with those in other nations as we share fashions, entertainment, music, sports and even fast food. Most of our clothes we wear today and most of what we ate were produced in another country. We're more connected to the world than we realize. News travel super fast via internet!

I'm really glad to be alive today in this world, and you should be, too! It's really exciting to watch people go through life, including mine, my family and those in His church. It's interested to see what we get out of our struggles, the troubles we endure, and the frustrations we experience. And they share how they have overcome with God's help and faith! Problems comes and goes. There's always a time when God helped us overcome them and a time when we're still struggling and will overcome. It is more interesting to see pride and arrogance be reduced to dust through the power of prayer! It's awesome to see people with joy go out into the world and share the good news about Jesus.. However, we must expect rejection and refusal to experience a life-changing experience from people we meet.

In the Purpose Driven Life book, "Prayer is the most important tool for your mission in the world. People may refuse our love and reject our (His) message, but they are defenseless against our prayers. Like an intercontinental missile, you can aim a prayer at a person's heart whether you are ten feet or 10,000 miles away. What should you pray for? The Bible tells us to pray for opportunities to witness, for courage to speak up, for those who will believe, for the rapid spread of the message, and for more workers. Prayer makes you a partner with others around the world."

Right!! When you pray, you trust that God will do just about anything He will! He knows the heart you're praying for. He sees the heart. In the military, namely the Air Force, they have the technology to bring the missile to a very specific location. They do not fire aimlessly. The Apache helicopter or a jet fixes their laser onto a specific target by looking at an image with a "cross". As the laser beams it's P.O.D. (Point Of Destination), the missile that was launched from elsewhere and reaches to its' P.O.D. completely destroying it! It's almost flawless!

The same goes with our prayers!!! When we pray for a person, about a certain incident, a country, and thousands to thousands of other possibilities, our prayer is like a laser fixing its' laser beam on a certain P.O.D. (person and position). God, when He wills it, sends a missile of miracle (M.O.M.) to the P.O.D. we have our hearts fixed on! The people and other situation we're praying for are defenseless against the MOM's of God!

If you don't pray, there's no P.O.D.'s or M.O.M.'s! Take the time to pray so that the prayer missiles will launch and rain down from "Heavenfire" pods in heaven!

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37 (niv)

3 comments:

Fitness4God said...

Keep the prayer missles going..

Keep on praying..

But I keep right on praying to you, LORD, hoping this is the time you will show me favor. In your unfailing love, O God, answer my prayer with your sure salvation. 14 Pull me out of the mud; don't let me sink any deeper! Rescue me from those who hate me, and pull me from these deep waters. 15 Don't let the floods overwhelm me, or the deep waters swallow me, or the pit of death devour me. 16 Answer my prayers, O LORD, for your unfailing love is wonderful. Turn and take care of me, for your mercy is so plentiful. Psalms 69:13-16

Anonymous said...

I believe this is a great analogy helping us to really grasp the power of prayer, Mark. Using laser, POD, MOM, and how prayer's tactical plan works, is crystal clear. Our enemy uses some sort of a deviling mirror to reflect the laser off it's POD by helping you focus on yourselves (you think only yourselves) because we live in a 'self-centered' society!

Mark Lowenstein said...

Thanks for your comments!! As I mentioned before, I have my pager set to "notify" me of a specific time to pause and pray. It really helps me just stop and "p-r-a-y"! :) I surely want those M-O-M's to come down from Heaven on those in need of God's Divine Intervention! It can only be done as long as we ask Him who is Eternal!