Last night's Thanksgiving eve service was great! The word, "thank you, thanks, thanksgiving" pops up in almost every slide, comments and paper. Murray gave a short devotional about thanksgiving and he brought us back into the old days where Jesus gathered His Disciples for the Last Supper. Murray helped us see four different words out of the four verses: Took, Gave Thanks, Broke Bread and Ate. Also, he handed out a piece of paper for us to fill out with about 20 questions. One of the questions hit me and I struggled to answer it:
What circumstances do you struggle to be thankful for?
Over a year ago and in the wee morning hours of the night, our middle daughter fell from the top of her bunkbed and landed her mouth on a bookshelf. The pictures of her ordeal is still vivid in my mind. It is something that I will never forget for the rest of my life. It's a reminder of a lot of things! Really! However, I am so very thankful for living in this time of the world where we have doctors and doctors with technologies! Even if bunkbeds wasn't invented until about a couple of years ago, suppose she fell out of a tree and landed on a rock down below in the 1800's, she probably wouldn't have the original look.
In addition to this, it reminds me of Christ Jesus. Through my daughter's cries, pain, blood and perseverance, I see Jesus! Everytime I think of her ordeal, I think of Christ's. I want to encourage my blog readers that regardless of any circumstances, be thankful, be grateful! And remember, compared to your suffering, Christ's suffered more!
"..in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:8 (nas)
There are alot of verses I want to share with you that we ought to be thankful for today!
1. Thanks for the SALVATION! "But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed.." Ro. 6:17 (nas)
2. Thanks for our LORD JESUS CHRIST! "Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Ro. 7:25 (nas)
3. "..who for my life risked their own necks, to whom not only do I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles;.." Ro. 16:4 (nas)
4. Thanks for the VICTORY IN JESUS! "..but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 15:57 (nas)
5. Thanks for the PRAYERS OF THE SAINTS! "He will rescue us because you are helping by praying for us. As a result, many will give thanks to God because so many people's prayers for our safety have been answered." 2 Cor. 1:11 (nlt)
6. Thanks for GOD'S GRACE! "All of these things are for your benefit. And as God's grace brings more and more people to Christ, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory." 2 Cor. 4:15 (nlt)
7. Thanks for the AWESOME GIFT! "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" 2 Cor. 9:15 (nas)
8. Thanks for the UNCEASING THANKS! "..do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers;.." Eph. 1:16 (nas)
9. Thanks for ALL THINGS IN CHRIST'S NAME! "..always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;.." Eph. 5:20 (nas)
10. Thank you, God, FOR ALL BELIEVERS! "We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,.." Col. 1:3 (nas)
11. Thanks for the INHERITANCE WE HAVE IN HEAVEN!"..giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.." Col. 1:12 (nas)
12. Thanks for the BELIEVER'S LOVE IN ACTION!"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." Col. 3:17 (nas)
13. Always GIVE THANKS IN PRAYER! "We give thanks to God always for all of you, making mention of you in our prayers.." 1 Thess. 1:2 (nas)
14. Thanks for the BELIEVER'S GROWTH AND MATURITY! "We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater;.." 2 Thess. 1:3 (nas)
15. Give Thanks IN SHOUTS OF PRAISE! "Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name." Heb. 13:15 (nas)
16. Thanks to the ONE WHO LIVES FOREVER AND EVER! "And when the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, to Him who lives forever and ever,.." Rev. 4:9 (nas)
17. Thanks to the ONE WITH GREAT POWER AND AUTHORITY AND DOMINION! "We give You thanks, O Lord God, the Almighty, who are and who were, because You have taken Your great power and have begun to reign." Rev. 11:17 (nas)
So, regardless of our circumstances, there's still something to be thankful for: GOD!