Wednesday, November 16, 2005

40 Days Conference

We had one of the most inspirational, motivating and informational conference in years!! 45 were in attendance for this year's 40 Days conference. We had alot more that couldn't come but pray that they will return next year for what we hope to top this year's conference! We're working on this now! Men and women have left this conference with a renewed sense of purpose: to reach for one soul within one year. Here are some 40 Days Freeze Frames for you to look at all that had gone on last weekend:















Mark Lowenstein reading Revelation 7 before singing praises to God!




















Jose Abenchuchan, guest speaker from Jacksonville, Florida, preaching, "Fearless Faith". He talked about how most of the members of the churches in the world fail to be the light of the world, salt of the earth and seed-bearers!! Christians do not share their faith out of fear of losing friends, fear of lack of knowledge of explaining why they believe in Him, why they are a Christian, lack of time spend in sharing the gospel with others, and reluctant of sharing the good news because of many rejections from others. Jose went on to say that God charged us to be seed-bearers with "FEARLESS FAITH"! If you missed this lesson, you missed the conviction of the Holy Spirit!














There are brotherly and sisterly hugs visible throughout the conference!














Mark Lowenstein led the congregants to praising God singing, "A New Anointing"!














Jose Abenchuchan challenged the members to make a commitment to go and bring in "ONE SOUL" to Christ and work with that soul (teaching, admonishing, coaching, nurturing, loving, supporting). (Above) Jose lights Bev Young's candle then asked God to bless her as she makes the commitment.














Jose lights Jack Mitchiner's candle then asked God to bless him as he reaches "ONE" for Christ!















A room filled with Sunday's small groups discussing the 40 Days material: MINISTRY.











We closed the 40 Days conference on a high note! Jose challenged the members of the Lord's church to minister others within His Body! There were no dry eyes during this special time and many hearts were crushed knowing of their sins and their lack of awareness that each of us were shaped to serve God!

Please pray for others who couldn't be with us during this special time. They truly missed out God's best for their lives. Not only the weekend was a time to feel God's refreshing Spirit being poured out onto us but also when we come together every week to be fed with God's eternally powerful Word helping us grow and be mature saints of God.

In Christ Alone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there and not working. Soon, I'll spend more time with God's world and less with worldly issues (grad school demands, financial issues forcing me to work so I can get more food and pay the bills, etc).
Missed the big event regretfully...

Monica

Mark Lowenstein said...

Monica,

You were, indeed, missed.. We'll do our very best to plan way ahead of time all the events. Remember, there's a ladies' retreat in May so be sure to ask the ladies' when and mark it down on your calendar. We're fixing to have two conferences a year (spring and fall) but spring may be out since there will be two retreats (men and women). :)

Did you shine your light this past weekend through your hands since they can't see?? :) You did by helping the deaf/blind work together.. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ... yes I did shine the light through my hands by doing the best job I can by interpreting for a deaf-blind person who was leading a board meeting. And all of us interpreters worked hard together as a team. We all also took turns volunteering as SSPs during meal times, especially dinner times when we all went out to eat. I volunteered Friday night and I was with Jamie McNamara who is AADB's executive director, and her husband Randy. She asked me about you, and our church. Told her good things .. yes ... GOOD things. :) She said that she wants to attend your worship but it's so early and so far. I told her about the afternoon worship in Frederick and that I will be glad to take her there. She and I will find a good Sunday to do that. :)

Yes the deaf ladies retreat will be held during the wkd of May 19th. It's now PENNED, CEMENTED and MAGIC MARKERED in my calendar. :)

I can't believe I've only got 4 more weeks left before I complete my master's degree. These 4 weeks will be extremely rough. I need prayers to help me get through them successfully. Last week I was sick with a virus and had to cut a few classes and reduce my work hours. Now I'm ok but need more strength and some support to get through the next few weeks.

Monica