Sunday, November 06, 2005

The "M" Word!

We're on a mission! A mission to reach the hearts of people with silent cries for help. Deep inside, they know they need Jesus but they may not know "how" to open their hearts to allow Jesus in. They may be paralized with fear of change. They could be afraid they may run into a disappointment that the thought of a dramatic spiritual change didn't happen the way they wanted it to be.

Remember this: when we're fishing for people, we're required to try and test each bait that will produce a bite. Not everyone will accept the same "method of evangelism" you provide. You cannot use the same "method" to every person you meet. Everyone comes in different forms of personalities, traits, backgrounds, interests. You don't talk about Physics with a sports fan. You don't talk about fishing with a ballet dancer. We need to find a common ground - something that is of interest to them. We are to fit ourselves in and learn just about everything a prospect has experienced.

I want to express all that had happened last week!! I am so proud of the church family for jumping in and taking part of a mission to help one of our members of the church. I believe God provided an "Acid Test" on His children at Fairfax. He's not done and will continue to do more tests. I often take over the role as a "caretaker". But the more the church has grown, the more work I will have to do for the Lord alone. I sense God's calling last week after receiving an urgent email on Halloween day. I wasn't sure what to do but went to the Lord and asked for His favor. He provided me one right away by saying as it seems, "Use my children!" So I sent an email out asking some of the members close by or without children who may be willing to help. A couple of them jumped in with a heart to give while one is much more than willing to go and provide for the person on the spot with the gift we gave. For this reason, I praise God for those who have used their time and love by giving to such person in great need.

Today, we talked about Matthew 25:35-39: "And here's why: I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was homeless and you gave me a room, I was shivering and you gave me clothes, I was sick and you stopped to visit, I was in prison and you came to me.' "Then those "sheep' are going to say, "Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?'"This is a teaching Jesus taught about the sheep and goats and those who provided for and those who didn't. Our mission is to provide for those in great need. How many people in the world are in great need? I can't count because there are so many of them whom are literally paralized with fear of change, fear of being in the wrong "religion" or "church", fear of getting hurt when they have been hurt daily in the world, fear of isolation from the family of God (are we neglecting our own brothers and sisters in need?) and many other fears that paralizes them!

We're on a Mission.. Yes! Even on a Mission within the body of Christ in effort to build His body, the Church. "May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God." Ephesians 3:19 (nlt) There are people within His body and outside struggling with the fear of change, hurt, isolation and many more. They clam up with fear. Often, they deny that they have a problem. But we must capture such thought (denial, arrogance, arguments) and make it obedient to Christ: "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5 (niv)

"Such love has no fear because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of judgment, and this shows that his love has not been perfected in us." 1 John 4:18 (nlt)

Our Mission, "THE "M" WORD", is to bring the PERFECT LOVE, namely Jesus, into every living soul on earth! This, PERFECT LOVE, will sweep away the fear each person has in his/her hearts!

God loves those who takes action, who is on a MISSION!

"..being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.." Philippians 1:6 (niv)

No comments: