Thursday, July 05, 2007

Independence Day

We don't celebrate Christmas because of trees, ornaments and Santa Claus. We celebrate Christmas remembering the gift of God.

We don't celebrate Easter because of easter bunnies, hunting for eggs and dressing in white. We celebrate Easter remembering the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.

We remember those who have served in wars on Memorial weekend but it's another good time to remember what the Lord has done for mankind.

Independence Day, July 4th, was yesterday. America declared her independence from the bondage of England in the year of 1776. Indeed, we're blessed to have our independence from other nations but we ought to remember what Jesus did for us during His final days on earth. We were under the bondage of sin and death but Jesus died, was buried and raised to deliver us the independence from the bondage of sin and death.

Last night, I watched the fireworks explode in the air. Such a beautiful and awesome sight. Surely, I see the fireworks explode in Heaven when Jesus rose from the grave crushing death to the ground. When I see the blue colors, it reminded me of Jesus being black and "blue" from the beatings. When I see red colors, it reminded me of Jesus bloodied body and He died for us to ransom us. When I see white colors, it reminded me of purity, being washed by the blood of the Lamb. When I hear and feel the bangs, it reminded me of two things: the banging of the nails being driven into His hands and feet and the explosion as He ascend out of the grave and forever changing the world's destiny!

Now, that's the Ultimate Independence Day!!

No comments: