Friday, March 18, 2005

Desperate For You

Desperation can drive us almost as much as it can drive us crazy. Desperate people are passionate people. Christians, obedient Christians, are living lives of quiet desperation that lies deep inside the heart of their souls. It is so deep that it is hard to explain our love for God. We breathe the air He created. We also breathe the Spirit of God!

If you've had a ceaseless ache in the center of your heart, you know the depths of the word, "DESPERATE". Desperate people ache for fulfillment. And they'll go to any lengths to get it. Desperation isn't limited to one thing, though we can be extremely desperate for all kinds of thing. I believe the most important thing that most of us are desperately seeking is "answers". Why are we alive? Why are we hurting? Why are we passionate? Why do we hate? That's the only thing that could ever commit us to passionate searches.

Though, we have the desperation while living in this world, God has the desperation that we long to seek Him. He wants us as much as we want Him. What better inspiration for the journey we're on?

Desperation is the crux of worship. Crux means, "The central or critical point." It is our "DAILY" longing to know God more, to know ourselves more, to understand pain and joy, to live lives of fullness and wonder. It is the very core of our being that desperately reach out to God - the only one who can reach us where we are and bring us everything we want and desperate of, NEED.

May our journey be a never-ending run toward the One waiting desperately to hold you in His arms, teach you His ways, and love you into being the soul you were always meant to be...

D4U, Lord!!!

Sing with me:

This is the air I breathe,
This is the air I breathe,
Your holy presence living in me.
This is the air I breathe....

This is my daily bread,
This is my daily bread,
Your very Word spoken to me,
This is my daily bread....

I'm desperate for You,
I'm desperate for You,
I'm lost without You, Lord,
I'm desperate for You...

Do I hear an, "Amen!?" Amen!

1 comment:

Fitness4God said...

A-M-E-N!!