Wednesday, March 23, 2005

60 Days With God

Good evening, Nikaos (conquerors!)!

I have added a new link on the right hand side of your computer screen. It's a great site to visit daily, for 60 Days, to commune with God in prayer! Come and visit my blog and click on the "60 Days With God" link!

Today, I read my favorite book, Romans, and came to this verse:

"But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted." Romans 6:17 (NIV) In the English Version for the Deaf (EVD) it quotes: "In the past you were slaves to sin - sin controlled you. But thank God, you fully obeyed the things that were taught to you."

As I read this powerful verse, I think of a lion or lions in a circus ring being extremely submissive to the master with a chair and whip. You can see these hungry lions drooling over man-meat! I can imagine they would do anything to get such meat in their mouths. But not when there's a simple chair and a whip! They are in full submission to them!

I can picture myself like a lion. We crave for the things of the world. Everything the world has to offer can really satisfy our hungry and thirsty soul. But that satisfaction won't last long. Oh no. You'll be back in the wild looking for something to satisfy your constant cravings!! But when we surrendered our lives to the Lord, we became submissive to the teachings of Jesus (Word) and the awareness of God's Thunder! The Bible to us is like a chair to the lions. And God's Thunder to us is like a whip to the lions!

So we ought to thank God for the "form of teaching" we're able to submit to leading us to a more joyful life! With this, I rejoice in the Lord! I thank God, everyday, and proudly proclaim that Jesus is my Lord. Thank you, God, for your Word (chair) and the sight of the whip (Your Thunder!)!

No comments: