Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Blessed Jesus

What a weekend we had!! My in-laws are in town from Lees Summit, Missouri visiting their beloved grandchildren! It is so nice to have them here to help Michelle and I have some time together. Michelle, after so many months, finally glued herself to me and was able to go to serve God with me. We had a great deaf worship services (two in Fairfax) and one in Frederick. In addition to this, we had our first "Purpose Driven Fairfax" or the acronym, "PDFX", Class 101 to both members and visitors learning the purpose in life at Fairfax as well as understanding where Fairfax stands. Finally, we arrived home late Sunday night after a long, long day with God!

As we were driving on the way home from Frederick (Maryland) on route 15, and as always, I was listening to the awesomely beautiful Zoe song, "Blessed Jesus" it brought tears of joy to my heart! Here are some of the words from this song:

Blessed Jesus, come to me,
Soothe my soul with rays of peace,
As I look to You alone,
Fill me with Your love.

Mountains high or valleys low,
You will never let me go,
By Your fountain let me drink,
Fill my thirsty soul.

Glorious, marvelous,
Grace that rescued me,
Holy, worthy,
Is the Lamb who died for me.

As I listen to this song, it surely filled my soul with God's goodness and love! It surely made me think of everyone of you in this world. It made me reach out to souls. I know I am nothing in this world without Jesus and neither are you. I want to tell each of you that we need Jesus in our lives. Without Jesus, we're are an empty soul heading for damnation. It is my prayer that everyone who believes... Let me emphasize this one here.. "..who believes.." not only simply believe in Him but doing the things God commands us to do. Evil is out there to cloud the hearts so they will not see all God "can" do for us! We continue to do things regardless, even proclaim we're a Christian. We continue to gossip, be a person filled with hate, envious, lusting for worldly satisfaction, and all kinds of impurity!! I am at loss for words when Christians continue to do these things without any remorse. Often, I kneel before God and ask Him to help those who are bitter and distraught.

Instead of soaking ourselves into the ways of evil, we are to soak ourselves into the blessedness of Jesus. With that blessedness, as we hold on to Him, He holds on to us! We're filled with his love. Our thirsty soul is filled with God's grace. As I sing and continue to sing this song in my heart, I reach out to all of you in prayer, praying that God will help each of you lead a blessed life full of joy and peace.

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule." Matthew 5:3 (MSG)

1 comment:

Fitness4God said...

Love that song "Blessed Jesus"!

Our Gracious Father will never leave us...
He Knows My Name

I have a Father,
He calls me His own,
He'll never leave me,
No matter where I go.

He knows my name,
He knows my every thought,
He sees each tear that falls,
And hears me when I call.