Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Raining Ceiling

After we got home from a Super Bowl party, I found my papers on the kitchen counter wet and wondered how this happened. Then I noticed the grilling area (stove) was also wet. Then I looked up and noticed water dripping down from the ceiling!!

I ran upstairs to see if the toilet overflowed, or water was left running but nothing. Everything in our master bath was dry!

Then I ran downstairs into the basement to turn the main water off! It was at 10:45 p.m. Sunday after Super Bowl! I said to myself, this is the last thing I wanted happening in our home. And we knew it was an internal problem. A 5 year old home with this problem! We waited about 11 hours for the plumber to come in and get them all fixed. Now, everything is almost back to normal except for these holes and $ that we may get back from the construction company (plumber).

Today, the insurance man is coming in. He's going to get things squared out. He said if the problem is internal in a new home, we're in good hands. Sorry, it's not State Farm, it's Farmers. :) So we're hoping for our money back, Lord willing!

Here are some pictures:





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad this didn't happen while I housesat your home for 2 weeks back in Dec 2005! Sounds like you're in good hands (although you're not with AllState). :)

Monica