Monday, February 11, 2008

Misconceptions of the word, "CHURCH"

Bloggers,

This week, I'll be putting more focus on the "Love" for the church. Here are a couple of misconceptions that people, in general (those in the church and those in the world) see in "church":

1. Some of us attend and observe without becoming an integral part of of the body of Christ.
2. Many who profess faith in Christ remain totally impassive about the church.


Here's a powerful statement that I found in regards to how we are to be the "church" of Christ our Lord:

A high proportion of people who “go to church” have forgotten what it is all for. Week by week they attend services in a special building and go through their particular, time-honored routine, but give little thought to the purpose of what they are doing. The Bible talks about the “the bride of Christ” but the church today seems like a ragged Cinderella. It needs to reaffirm the nonnegotiable, essential elements that God designed for it to be committed to. [God’s forgetful Pilgrims (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1978)]

And my answer to the above quote is, "He is right!"

I love the church. I am "settled, in-the-habit, and incurable lover of the church. It thrills me beyond expression to serve the church. I wouldn’t trade my ministry, my service in His church for anything in the world. The church takes first place in my ministry priorities.

Your "love" for God depends on you as a "church" (body of Christ)..

No comments: