Monday, February 11, 2008

Fruitful?

Yes!! The Lord is pouring out tons of messages and I have got to get them in my blog!!

I'm going back"Word" in the book of Matthew 7 (verses 20 up to 17)... Before reading on, you're that "tree" and the Lord will look for the kind of "fruit" you have:

(20) "Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."
(19) "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."
(18) "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit."
(17) "'Likewise' every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit."

Galatians 5:22-23 explains the 9 "fruit" of Spirit... And they are good fruit to be with..

Yesterday, I had a difficult time with a couple of people in worship. But thank God for the problems. It did affect my wife but we just moved on. Yet, I continue on giving God the glory regardless of the incidences.. The incidences continued through the day (bible class and potluck) and I felt bad that it was me and my leadership that caused it. Thank God that I'm not a perfect preacher nor are they a perfect Christian. I just wished they simply let this small matter go and not mention anything. Just a couple of small talks here and their and the "portrait of an attitude" was obvious.

I pray that they will forgive me (I know they do) but I also pray that they'll look at themselves in the mirror and reflect what they have done (making small matters, big).. Satan loves these.. So we just need to watch our attitudes.

Pray for all the churches in the world that experience these things!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm! Still keep pray for you and your wife. Also, deaf members. Galatians 6:9-We must not become tired of doing good. We will receive our harvest of eternal life at the right time. We must not give up! Romans 15:5-Patience and strength come from God. And I(Paul)pray that God will help you all agree together the way Christ Jesus wants. Awesome!
Not only one. Many churches of Christ have problems but not perfect. Better pray the Lord takes care of us. I Peter 5:7-Give all your worries to him, because he cares for you. II Corinthians 1:3-7Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the Father who is full of mercy. He is the God of all comfort. v.4-He comforts us every time we have trouble, so that we can comfort other people any time they have trouble. We can comfort them with the same that God gives us. v.5-We share in the many sufferings of Christ. In the same way, much comfort comes to us through Christ. v.6-If we have troubles, those troubles are for your comfort and salvation. If we comfort, it is for your comfort. This helps you to patiently accept the same sufferings. So we know that you also share in our comfort(what Paul wrote this verses). Awesome! Love you all, Patty Ann Melnikas ILY

Anonymous said...

Mark! Remember Paul.. Remember Jeremiah.. Remember Isaiah.. Remember Moses.. Israel grumbled and grumbled and grumbled. Did Moses get tired of them? Yes! How often was God fed up Israel and the Jews. What about Jesus? Wasn't it the responsibility of the Pharisees to care for God's children? Yet, the Pharisees were arrogant and "acting religious". Jesus called them names: whitewashed tombs, blind guides, vipers, narrow-minded, etc.!

I applaud those who persevere especially if it's not those 'outside of the church' but those in the church who 'unknowingly' tries to bring down the leader with ridicule, harmful words, and such.

There will be some in the church who may 'never' change. Sad, huh? They may 'promise' to change but struggled to 'change'.

You're their light. They may see it or they may not. No matter how often you're an example to them, some will imitate them, others will, eventually, or other never.

I second Ann's comment: "Many churches of Christ have problems not perfect. Better pray the Lord takes care of us.."

"Whatever you do, do it all in the name of the Lord." Colossians!

Anonymous said...

Remember Abraham ... he had FAITH. So Mark, hang on! You are already getting blessings on your account! You sounded like you've bounced back and moved on indeed!

About the people in your worship, thank God for MIRRORS. Smile.
I look at myself many times and try to improve my attitudes and be more patient.

Monica