Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sandpaper People

Morning!!

It is September already!! Hard to believe, huh?? The older we get, the faster the time! And you're just this much closer to.... ETERNITY!!

I recall posting Mary Southerland's article on, "Sandpaper People" and I stumbled upon another article reflecting Mary's article. If I may be blunt, while reading this article, I thought of many people I minister to are in the "Sandpaper People" category. Of course, I'm not going to name names here. My reason isn't to tear these people down but to build them up, to open their hearts, to see the truth, to admit their sins and flaws, to confess Jesus, to move from the "Sandpaper People Category", to become fruitful, to be the shining light of God, to be the salt of the earth, to be respected because you respect others.

Please pray before reading this article. Ask yourself if you have the tendency to "rub your peers the wrong way".. Ask others for their honest opinion how they perceive you. This article hits dead center in the heart!

http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main_page/0%2C1703%2CA%25253D166050%252526M%25253D200859%2C00.html?

Here's a couple of scenario why people becomes sandpaper people:

1. This individual may be broken inside.
2. He/she continues to be a prisoner of the lie.
3. They cover a wound that has never been healed.
4. They remember a wrong that's never forgiven.
5. A hideous sin that's never been confronted or confessed.

Here's two different possibilities that we can get out of "sandpaper people":
1. Am I going to allow the constant rub of my sandpaper person to cause me to scream?
2. Will I let God use the situation to polish me into the shining image of Jesus?

Great article! May the Lord guide us all into repentance from our sins!!

4 comments:

ccm14er said...

The website click on that lifeline is not working at all.

By the way its good article and very interesting. Yeah, its got the point, Mark.

C......

Mark Lowenstein said...

Hey man!

FYI, my vp at work is shot!! So I'm unable to receive or call out at this time..

The link I posted is for you to drag, click copy then paste in the address field in your browser.. I don't know why it's not showing as "linkable".. Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

Beth Moore wrote a book, "Get out of That Pit". Sometimes either people bring you there or you bring yourself into the pit. God can help you get out of the pit.

I am not sure if we are on the same page, but I recommend you to read her book. She writes beautifully, but how she says things can be difficult to understand. However, reading her book is a MUST.

The article that you mentioned..I attempted to get into that, but I will try again..

Fitness4God said...

Hello Nike Formula's bloggers..

Be still and sit at the feet of Jesus!

Those who are willing to come apart from the clamor and demands of each day's activity in order to sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to His heart are the ones who will be blessed with intimacy beyond that which most believers will ever know.

Nancy Leigh DeMoss in A Place of Quiet Rest, p.235.