Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Do Not Go To Church!

LOL! I'm sure you're ShOcKeD to read this title today! Your eyes may be wide open! Now, I got your attention! I got this from my brother in Christ. It's amazing receiving his email because I've been talking with my wife about the deaf men and women of faith in the world today. Many deaf Christians continues to be ignorant in what church ought to be. This verse hits dead center into my heart while we continue to think of how we can better teach deaf men and women of faith the real meaning of "church". Read on..

VERSE: This is what the LORD says to the house of Israel: "Seek me and live; do not seek Bethel, do not go to Gilgal, do not journey to Beersheba." -- Amos 5:4-5

THOUGHT: Do you "go to church"? I hope not! Now don't get me wrong; I'm not advocating you skip worship and fellowship this Sunday! We're told not to forsake gathering together as believers (Hebrews 10:25). But when we assemble as a body of believers, we're gathering together for encouragement and meeting with God.

We're not GOING to church; we ARE the church! (The New Testament never used the word church to refer to a building!) God warned his people in Old Testament times that simply going to the places of worship was worthless.

Instead, they needed to seek him! I believe that is exactly what God would have us do. And as we seek him together, we get to share fellowship, comfort, and encouragement with each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes..I have read the same verse today from Heartlight. Very good verse..

Suggest everyone to check out at www.heartlight.org.