Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Needles

I'm glad we're not a community made up of balloons. We don't have a balloon God, this way we're not made of an image of a balloon Lord. Though, Spongebob has a dear friend named, Mr. Bubbles, where a mob of Spongebob's friends with "needles" wanted the opportunity to pop him into oblivion because he caused a lot of problems in their community.

I'll be getting a lot of poking this week: The first one will be in my mouth because of this dang cavaties (2)! Hey! Don't raise any assumptions! I've been extremely faithful with the art of tooth brushing.. My wife can vouch for that. Really! But she couldn't believe, after my faithfulness in brushing, I still get cavaties! I think it's called, "age". And the second one will be on my left shoulder where the nurse will put in a "dye" before MRI. It is believed that I have a rotator cuff injury sustained two years ago! (Ok. I admit it. I'm a crazy, stubborn old man who is one of the list of stoopid, stubborn men refusing immediate medical treatment!) LOL!

Tonight, I'm doing pretty good after my dentist appointment. One tooth, I must say, was pretty bad. The doctor said that it was a good thing the drilling was done today. Otherwise, I could be facing a more painful experience. I raised my eyebrows and said, "Wow!"

And guess what! I had a revelation! God, you're always good at this: revealing revelations!

Remember a couple of things. Every morning & every night, I'm 98% faithful to toothbrushing, de-plaquing, flossed more this year than ever before, and used Scope mouthwash. No question that it was all my doing!! Until... The Dentist's Chair.. Not good enough! My teeth needed the Doctor's hands with the nurse assisting him. Novacane, a powerful ointment to numb the mouth-wall. Shots to numb the whole area. Drill to destroy the cavaties. Patch to cover the holes. And it is now good as new!

Was it painful? Yes!
Did I like going to the Dentist's Chair? Of course, it was worth it!

If I hadn't gone to the dentist, I will suffer serious consquences. Maintaining a healthy teeth in my mouth all by myself will not work. We have dentists in the world that knows what our teeth needs.

God is our "dentist". He makes sure our life is on the same obedient track as show in the Bible. Without God, we're plagued with cavaties (sin). Without the Bible, we're ignorant about what is going on in the very core of our hearts. Our visit to God (dentist) for spiritual check-up ought to happen everyday! How I wished I could sit in the Dentist's chair to have my teeth thoroughly cleaned, flossed and de-plaqued!

I hope you're sitting with God (in the dentist chair), daily, asking him to thoroughly work around our lives to ensure it's on the obedience track. Then, ahhhhhh, how refreshing is that! The soothing Living Water being overflowed on our souls!

Next up: Needles in my left shoulder. Pray for me! God, send me another revelation!

No comments: