Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Future...

***************
2007 & Beyond
***************

Though, we don't know what the outcome of tomorrow will be, I'm still making plans from now through the end of next year! There's so much being planned for next year and I'm already excited about it! However, any future plans is needing a prayer that the Lord will provide for us with opportunities and blessings as well as a "spiritual learning experience" when we run into a dead-end or stumble. There are a couple of things that I am proposing to the Elders for next year and beyond. Please pray for this proposal I'm about to present toward the end of this week.

*************
Deaf Retreat
*************

Next month, we're hosting the Deaf Church Family Retreat. It will be at Camp Wamava. If you haven't registered for the retreat, don't wait til the last minute. Help us make better plans with food and games. To register, you'll need to go to this site @:

http://www.fxcc.org/deaf/togetherInChrist_registration.asp

Joe Kaplan and his family will be with us to talk about "Together In Christ". We're really excited about the Kaplans coming. They're wonderful Christians who loves the Lord! And you'll love them, too!

*******
Health
*******

I will have a "much-needed" surgery on my left shoulder on November 29th. It will take me approximately 3 to 6 weeks to comfortably use my left arm depending on my consistency with the exercises at home and the gym. I've had this pain for over two years now and just tired of it. I'm not able to do a whole lot of things with that arm because of my shoulder so I'm eager to get this done and over with so I can resume normal activities. It'll be a rough 10 days for me. Pray for me as the day draws near.

During my recovery period, Brian Baell will teaching and preaching in my place from December through the end of February. I hope to resume preaching sometimes in the middle of January. We have other men "armed and ready" to teach as well.

Keep in mind to check out the educational "Cancer Outreach" tapes I have in my office, especially men and women over 50!!. They're helping people do an "Early Detection" for cancer prevention.

There's so much more but just couldn't put them in words. And, what is more, they couldn't be done without each of you. Your involvement in His Kingdom will mean alot to God! Only the Lord knows and that He will provide an open door for us.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (niv)

No comments: