Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Awesome week!

Bloggers,

I'm aware that I haven't been doing my daily blogs recording my thoughts about God and His Word. Oh no, I have not stopped reading His Word because it's my life that I depend on. I think I have gone to my "mountain" to spend more personal time with God alone. Now, this week is another busy week for me and my family. But it's going to be an awesome week!

Starting tomorrow, we're caring for a niece (from California) of someone we love so dear. He's not with the Fairfax Church of Christ, he attends another church in the area. But he and his girlfriend has always been in our hearts! We'll have his niece for two days and it'll be fun! He and his girlfriend will also be with us to attack "The 'Que" (my new name for Bar-be-que) for hamburgers and stuff! Our companionship is long overdue and I might play tennis with this wonderful guy!

Then another fantastic and long-waited ocassion is Fred and Monica's wedding rehearsal this Friday and their big day on Saturday! We have been meeting together since May to discuss the ups-and-downs of marriage and that we keep Jesus at the core of their soon-to-be oneness together! I sense that this will be an extremely emotional day because of the journey Monica has been on. She's a great example to us all with all the obstacles she faced throughout her life. We pray that her oneness with Fred will bring joy, peace and stability in her life. May I ask that you lift them up to God in your prayers? Thanks! "For this reason a man will ... ...be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." Genesis 2:24 (niv) Beautiful, huh??

Then the most anticipated day is Sunday!! It's a time to come together to worship God. I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world, except when I'm out of town attending a gospel meeting, visiting families or on our much-needed vacation. I can't simply sleep in on God. I can't say to God, "I have other plans with my friends, or my kids activities, or my parent's are in town or you-name-it," and miss the opportunity to worship God. I enjoy coming together with my friends, families, brothers and sisters, mothers and daughters, fathers and sons to lift each other up in prayer, in songs and together remembering what the Lord has done for us and the rest of the people in the world (He bled and died on the cross to remove the gap, became Mediator between us and God), and see His untimely messages in our language (ASL) which fills our souls as Living Water and Spiritual Bread.

Last night, we had a wonderful meeting with the Elders. After discussing about various issues surrounding the Lord's church (people) at Fairfax, we gathered together, arm-in-arm, and pray over many things, issues, situations, and crises. One Elder pray over the deaf ministry for the people who have abandoned their faith with God at Fairfax simply have missed out God's best for their life. They left because of doctrinal issues, or they didn't like the people who comes to worship God, or the distance to the church is a factor, that I, as a minister, have abandoned them in which it was never my intention and that I have many others to attend to and several other reasons. He mentioned to God that there are people who simply leave because they may not really understand the whole purpose God has for them. He also prayed for me and my family and the leadership of the church and that we continue to march on fighting, not against each other, but against Satan and the forces of evil. I have so much to say but cannot explain this in words. We have so much to do but it is Satan that continues to battle against us and pressing us away from God into the quagmire of the world (compartmentalize living). Pray about this!

Please lift up my dad, Jerry Lowenstein, to God in prayer. I am in the process of calling my mom to find out more about their meeting with a neurologist (surgeon) to see what needs to be done. My dad isn't all that crazy about hospitals but I pray that he'll do what the doctor suggest he do. Thanks!

"I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin. O Lord, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God. Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior." Psalm 38: 18, 21-22 (niv)

2 comments:

Fitness4God said...

Jerry Lowenstein is in our thoughts and prayers. Praying for your mom also...

Anonymous said...

What about sending Jerry Lowenstein a card from all of the members of your church?