Tuesday, June 06, 2006

LUAU '06

Last Saturday, we had a fabulous time!!! Thanks to Christy Pomnitz, Fred Orr and Monica Shimmin for cooking up the BBQ hamburgers and chicken breasts! A very special thanks to Jenn Giaquinto, Dennis Cesone and Becky Hinckley for spending more than an hour putting together an 18" griller!! It looked like a piece of cake but when I returned from getting the super moonbounce for the kids (and a few adults) to play in, they were still at it!! And thanks to the rest for the setup and clean-up!!! In addition to this, praise the Lord for the Bard couple for giving their life to Jesus in baptism!! Now, they're clothed in Christ! Again, it was an awesome day and everyone had a great time. One of the highlights of this LUAU Party was the Hula Hoop tournament!! Tim Stewart and Aracelis Dement, you rock in the adult group!! But the championship goes to my loving daughter, Amanda!! :) Enjoy these pictures:


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all had a blast time with the hula hoop contest. A LOT of laughter was generated. Tim's seriously and grunting facial expression was priceless! Aracelus' facial expression and BODY MOVEMENT were hilarious!!!! Poor us adults ... who had to compete against the Lowenstein girls. We GRUNTED while the girls didn't grunt at all ... we really moved and circled our hips WIDELY while the girls barely wiggled theirs. Hmph! Cario told me the next day that she felt Tim's hip movements in his sleep. I lost to Alyson but I applaud her .. HUMBLY. :) (hmph) :)

Last night when I was in Giant food store, I saw a bunch of hula hoops just like the ones we used at our Luau gathering. I picked one up, looked at it, thought about buying it, but I decided not to. I'll buy it later! I need PRACTICE for Luau '07! And I'll beat the Lowenstein girls THEN! BET ON IT. haha. God be with me then. Oh Lord... please please please .. I bet You.

And to the Bard couple, welcome to our family! :) Jasmine and I did get matched up in the hula hoop contest but her baptism didn't sway me from letting her beat me. Smile.

Mark and EVERYone who worked very hard, thank you for putting this fun event together!

Monica

Mark Lowenstein said...

LOL: Cario felt Tim's hip movement in his sleep!! :) We had fun!!