Sunday, July 17, 2005

Recalled

Even a car is recalled by its maker,
so are we recalled by our Maker because of our sin problem.

He desires every living soul be "re-processed", "re-conditioned", "re-stored" through Jesus (Soul Shop). Only the blood of Jesus can restore our broken relationship with God. However, many of us feel broken down, weak and unable to perform at the fullness of God and His will. Remember, you don't have to "earn" His pardon and Hands that is able to restore your broken spirit:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30 (niv)

Even David, a man after God's own heart, asked God for a divine restoration. He has his ups-n-downs through life: lust, murder, adultery, and denial. David is no better than us, nor is he less. Though, chosen by God, he is still a weak person like us. Yet, he knows when he ask God for restoration:

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Ps. 51:12 (niv)

David knows God doesn't have pleasure in our sins against Him and others. But He is able to put behind the displeasures of our actions and grant us restoration through our repentance:

"Restore us again, O God our Savior, and put away your displeasure toward us." Psalm 85:4 (niv)

God is able to restore Himself to us when we show a repentant heart. He knows every child on earth must be "recalled" back to Him through the death, burial and resurrection of His Son, Jesus. Why? Because all of sinned (broken down, disconnected from the source of life) and fallen short of the glory of God! Have you been "recalled"?

No comments: