Tuesday, February 03, 2009

OCD Twisters Softball 2009













Spring is around the corner!! Whooo! It's almost time to smell fresh spring air, green grass and trees, stormy weather, and the smell of leather from my softball glove! Michelle and I plan to re-join the Olathe Club for the Deaf (OCD) softball team.

Michelle will play for the women's team while I will try out for the men's team. Try out? Hey, I'm a 40 year old guy with bad knees. ;) I'm not even on the roster yet until I prove a 40 year old can play ball! :) I'm be playing a "low-profile" position and pushing the young players on toward becoming a championship caliber team!

We regret to inform you that OCD lost a great leader and player last week. Nathan Meyer passed on from this life at the age of 34 (I believe). He's pictured (kneeling above) third from the left. Please pray for his family, especially his girlfriend and two daughters. They're a wonderful family!

Go Twisters!

No comments: