Thursday, October 18, 2007

Minister's Appreciation...

Michelle and I had a surprise last Sunday following worship service!! Steve Williams came up to say a few words. As he was coming up, I thought he was going to say a "confession" or make a simple announcement. But I was wrong, dead wrong! He started talking about us working with the deaf in the DC area and how God used us and continues to use us for His glory. It's been almost 9 years since we moved from the good ole state of Texas to Virginia.

Michelle got flowers (it's for me, too) ;) and we got a token, I mean, a huge token of appreciation for our love and service to the deaf community. Two night stay at a Middleburg Country Inn (it's a bed and breakfast).. In the picture below is one of several rooms (and a jacuzzi).. ;)



We were extremely OVERWHELMED with such a generous love offering from the deaf church. So Michelle and I quickly made reservations for our nice and quiet get-away. It will be a much needed time together!! We'll need a fireplace crackling and a couple of comforters to snuggle in during our two night stay.. Just tonight, I made reservations reserving a table for two lovebirds at "The French Hound" restaurant.

To all my brothers and sisters in Christ at Fairfax and from the bottom of our heart, soul, mind and strength, we give you our love and thanks for this love offering! We will never forget it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark!

I appreciate all of the blogs that you have written for us!

FYI, we had been at the same restaurant that you both planned to go. We went there right after we got married.

Enjoy your stay! Thanks God for their generous hearts!