Monday, October 30, 2006

I know....

Bloggers,

I've been away from this Blog for a while. It's been a hectic month for me. I know.. 7 blogs out of 31 (days) during the month of October. Doesn't this tell you something?? It's not that I'm "busy". I'm starting to hate that word. It's that I'm "serving".

We're planning on doing something different within the next 6 mos. to a year @ Fairfax (depending on the Deaf Worship Team).. I've been talking with people, working with the Deaf Worship Team, praying, praying and praying that the Lord's will be done here in D.C..

It seems, these days, we're becoming much more swamped with our daily priorities. The more priorities that swamps our life, the less "real" Christians we are. True! Our purpose. Our vision. Our goals. Our mission. To some, they are, somewhat, vague. Some of us, Christians, haven't been consistent these purposes: in fellowship, in ministry, in mission, in discipleship and in worship with our True, Living & Loving God! I wouldn't know this brother or sister so deeply compared to those who spend their time and life in these five purposes. I'll be starting on a book and I love the author's phrase,

"Is the "REAL you" getting lost because the "FAKE you" is just so annoyingly impressive?"

This question is interesting..

Why do we fake it so much?
Why do we put on a mask and know it?
Why do we spend so much time trying to tell people I'm a Christian when we're not consistent in doing the Lord's purposes for our life?
Why do we make so, so little effort trying to please God and a whole lot of effort to satisfy self?

I don't really have all the answers to these questions. It's something you need to ask yourselves and ask God to help you be REAL with Him!

If you're determined to NOT commit to God and His church, just honestly tell your minister that "Christianity" isn't for you. Of course, you may not want to say that. You may prefer to hide. That's fine, too.. Because.... Let me allow you to read this Scripture:

"Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. "The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?' "'An enemy did this,' he replied. "The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?' "'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'"" Matthew 13:24-30 (niv)

Weeds in the Lord's Kingdom... Weeds in the church... The Lord said to leave them there until... Harvest time...

I'll be patient with each of the weeds that they'll, honestly, coming out of their "acting" and get real!

I'm also trying to read more books (and the Bible, of course!). I'll get plenty of book readings while I recuperate from my November 29th surgery. Next month is Thanksgiving month!! We have alot going on: four different preachers every Sunday: (myself on the 5th, Brian Baell on the 12th , Joe Kaplan (NC) on the 19th and Pedro Gelabert (NYC) on the 26th). Think of the things you're thankful for! Remember, it doesn't necessarily have to be postive. It can be something that's negative and yet so thankful for them!

And.... I'll be posting the highlights of our weekend melee (pictures)!! Check back soon!!

No comments: