Thursday, September 07, 2006

Blessings On Our Terms

Morning, bloggers!!

Yup! It's been a while since I last posted a blog. I've been swamped with alot of things and a bit stressed out! But that's to be expected. And I have to say, "No" to somethings including the time to post a blog to focus on other things especially our own needs and my kids. :) Pray for us!!

Here's a great article forwarded by my dear brother in Christ of mine:

****
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." Matthew 16:24

Here is what grieves me, and I believe this also grieves the Holy Spirit: My hearers (the church) rise to this call emotionally, but they will not confirm it by a corresponding change in their way of life. Their goodness is like the morning clouds - by 9:00 o'clock the sun has burnt off the fog. This is what happens to many people's good intentions.

They rise emotionally to an urgent message that we become a New Testament church, that we become a model church, that we have the order of the New Testament and the power of the Holy Spirit in order that we might worship, work and witness. Emotionally they rise to it, but they will not confirm their emotions by corresponding changes in their way of life.

They want to be blessed by God, but they want God to bless them on their terms. They look pensively to God for victory, but they will not bring their giving into line. They will not practice family prayer, rushing off without it. They will not take time for secret prayer and will not forgive those who have wronged them. They will not seek to be reconciled to those with whom they have quarreled.

They will not pick up their crosses and say, "Jesus, I my cross have taken, all to leave and follow Thee."

Rut, Rot or Revival: The Condition of the Church, 146-147.

Prayer: "Lord, may my desire for You rise above emotions. I do want to be blessed of You, both personally and in my ministry. I commit myself this morning to a willingness to take my cross and follow You-and to take the necessary action to come on Your terms. Amen."
****

And I pray that each of us will examine our our hearts and determine if we have "risen" to the call but "have not yet confirmed" it with our actions (by changing the way we live and leading others to Jesus)!!

I must admit that I have experienced this "call to return to the truth (Scriptures)" and will not compromise anything else with the truth! Personally, I feel the church have drifted into "dis-unity" by mingling different beliefs into the mold. Churches all over the world have created "infighting" over different doctrines, interpretations and views. We're literally tearing each other up and giving Satan a foothold. Doesn't that wear unity out?? Doesn't this provide a clear stumbling block to new and struggling believers?

Last night during Bible study, we had a good discussion (actually an introduction) on "Making Your Calling And Election Sure"!! I mentioned a Scripture then we talked about love in 1 Corinthians 13. If you are praising God but not loving others, it means nothing to God. If you're using a resounding cymbal but not loving people, you're walking in vain. If you're throwing yourselves into the fire for God but not loving others in the world, you've wasted your life. It sounds like a person may "claim" to have faith and not loving others. All of us stumbled over this phrase, "Faith but no love".. On the way home, last night, I was talking with Michelle about this and she feels that people worship God out of "knowledge", not faith.

Bingo!

People can worship God based on "knowledge alone", not faith (Romans 10:17) and not love one another and those in the world! Such person think they have "faith" in God but they may actually only have the "knowledge" of God. "And without faith it is impossible to please God,.." Hebrews 11:6 (niv) Boy, am I glad to have Michelle as my "Sidekick For God"??

So which is it? Blessings on your own terms or action on His Own terms?

No comments: