Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Resolution Solution

It seems like eons ago when I last placed a blog. I thank God that my family and I are well rested before the new year rang in! Now that 2005 is here, it is time, again, to roll up our sleeves and begin the work God has for each of us.

Last Sunday was a great, great day! A handful of people were present to worship and praise God together. It's a sure blessing to come together every first day of the week and that's what we love to do and that is life itself! For those who were not present, we encourage you to remember these two powerful verses as a "Resolution Solution". Before the beginning of each new year, we come up with a "New Year's Resolution" but sadly, they tend to be ignored and broken. Your resolution gets some pollution. You jam in January, fade in February, and turn to mush in March. You may say to yourselves, "Why can't I keep my resolutions? What is wrong with me?" That's why I want to challenge you to remember these verses daily then the rest will go along as well:

1. Philippians 3:8, "What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ."

Everything in life is pale. Paul's "life resolution", not yearly (in case it didn't happen), is to know Christ! Is that your "life resolution?"

2. Matthew 6:33 is about priority! It is about priority! "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

If you're committed every first day of the week, if you gave the first few moments each day, I mean, each day, if you tithe regularly, what would happen in your life and mine? A proper priority! We understand that God expects our love and devotion everyday! He does so on the first day of the week (Sunday) as well. When we come together to worship God, we show to the world that God is our number one, a numero uno!

So what do we do? According to Philippians 3:8, first, we give our life to the Lord, we died to self, we live no more but Christ lives in me (Gal. 2:20) and second, according to Matthew 6:33, we fulfill His will, we seek Him as number one, we place Him at the top of our daily to-do-list. Make that your "life resolution". Now, that's our resolution solution!


No comments: