Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I Worship

...because I can't help it.
The more I understand about the overwhelming love and grace of God that compelled Him
to place the very Lamb of God (Jesus) into the body of a teenage girl (Mary),
to be born into a culture and time that would hound Him at every turn,
that would allow Him to be nailed to the nightmare of our sinful lives
all for love of His lost sheep (us),
the more I cry "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lamb."
Knowledge that doesn't lead to worship is empty.
The whole purpose of my life is love, LOVING HIM!
- Sheila Walsh
Life is worship so let the adventure begin. Worship is very important! It is like breathing, it is essential to life. Without breath, there's no life in us. We're just a lifeless entity. Without worship, we cannot fully communicate to our Creator. When we miss the grandest opportunity to worship God, not only on Sundays, but everyday, it is like we're lacking breath and our fragile body is dying. God is like the wind, He blows into our soul when we fix our eyes upon Him in worship. He breathes His Spirit in us when we praise Him. He soothes our soul when we come together in fellowship. Here are a few elements of worship:
1. A time when my soul is receptive and searching for Him.
2. A context in which there aren't a lot of distractions from the here-and-now.
3. A sign of Himself through a song, something said in a sermon, or a memory of God in my past experience that comes to mind.
And then worship occurs!

1 comment:

Fitness4God said...

WORSHIP IS...

Reaching up to God and allowing Him to elevate us into the realm of His Spirit so that He can set us free from the rule of our flesh.

Lord, I worship you as my Lord and Savior. I praise You, Holy Spirit, that You live in me and enable me to move in the Spirit and not the flesh. I confess all my sins before You and repend of them.