Tuesday, October 26, 2004

..a good confession...

I couldn't type anything yesterday to recap all that had happened this past Sunday during worship. Must I say that I am just overwhelmed knowing that God is much enormous than I thought. Originally, I knew He was larger than life itself, even the universe! I am trying to make sense here because my mind is so miniscule standing before the omnipotent (All-Powerful), omniscent (All-Knowing), and omnipresent (Everywhere!) God!

I open my mouth but no words can come out.

I raise my hands but no signs (ASL) can be expressed.

Even if I have to draw a picture but it wouldn't make sense.

If I have to build something that explains all that had happened, it wouldn't be clear.

Apostle Paul couldn't explain what he had seen when he went up into the third heaven, "..He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell." 2 Corinthians 12:2 (NIV) For all I know, it was God who is in control of everything life is. He planned it all, even before the Beginning! He knew this would happen.

"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses." 1 Timothy 6:12

All I can say is that I praise God for His hand in, around, and through Nancy Rarus' heart. How it all came to the point of her confession this past Sunday is a long story. What had happened is not the issue here. She is an example that all believers ought to follow. God touched many hearts through her. Tears were flowing from the eyes of those who witnessed the confession. When we see another person confess his/her sins, we confess ours! What she did was, according to Timothy, "..good confession.." and that, "..in the presence of many witnesses."

"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10 (NIV)

Father God, I thank You for guiding Nancy to Your throne where she poured out her heart before You. Please continue to be with her, forgive her and bless her. We thank You for the example she gave us and pray that this "good confession" will help us confess our own sins. We know you delight in our weaknesses so that we depend on Your strength (2 Cor. 12:9-10). God, You are an awesome God! To You, we bow down and adore You! In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments: