Monday, October 04, 2004

Awe of His Power

I don't know what to say! I am just overwhelmed with God's power. He's so good! He's awesome! He's wonderful beyond description! The Spirit in me is elated to be in fellowship with the Spirit of God. According to John 4, "God is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." Since there's a pure goodness in God's spirit, we show our pure goodness to God in fellowship with Him and the church. Everyone who came to Zoe were full of spirit and truth. They praised God! They worshipped God! They sang to God! They bowed down before God! They embrace along with others before God! So much love and joy filled the conference.

We just returned from music country of Nashville after the marvelous weekend at Zoe and Hermitage Church of Christ! All I can think of is Psalm 46:10-11:

"Be still and know that I am God,
(silence)
I will be exalted among the nations,
(silence)
I will be exalted in the earth.
(silence)
The Lord Almighty is with us,
(silence)
the God of Jacob is our fortress."
(silence)

There were no dry eyes as tears flooded the Woodmont Hills church. Hearts ache with the realization that they are nothing compared to the Awesome God. People embrace one another everyday. Numerous prayers were seen and heard. Cries were heard among the crowd of 1,200. God's children poured out their hearts before Him. People sang from the top of their lungs and hands were raised up higher than ever. Joy filled the people's hearts. Everyone was filled with the Spirit of God and His Word. Hundreds and hundreds of confessions were given to God.

Forever God is faithful.
Forever God is strong.
Forever God is with us.
Forever and ever.
Forever.

And we, daily, express our desperate hearts seeking His goodness and grace. Be desperate for God's love. Be desperate for God's power. Be desperate for God's hands. Be desperate for God's mercy. Be desperate...... Be desperate.....

In closing, I must share with you how I adore Linda Bridgesmith, the wife of the Zoe chairperson, Larry Bridgesmith. She's a very mature, strong Christian lady who have been with God for so many years! She came up to me and remembers me from last year and was thrilled to have the deaf there! She filled my heart with God's love and I just fell in love with her fruitfulness and faithfulness. She IS one of the greatest Christ-like example among Christian ladies in the world! God, please bless her as she continues to imitate Your love!

We're ready for Zoe '05!


No comments: