Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Beware!

The interior car lights were on. Glove compartment opened. Items that were in the compartment were displaced on the seats. Oakley sunglasses (two of them) and another sunglasses were missing. A business card from the police officer was placed on our door. You guess it! We're a new victim of a random car theft in our neighborhood! Actually, both cars! Yet, we rejoiced before the Lord!! I was actually singing with my wife in the car as we left to go to work, "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!" Crazy, are we? I doubt it!

"For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night." 1 Thessalonians 5:2 (nas)

Yes! We were very surprised it happened to us, especially in this nice neighborhood AND after living here for over a month!. It's really interesting here.. We have always wanted to clean our vehicles. But we procrastinated this for so long. Until a couple of young boys whom the police caught them rummaging around our vehicles gave us the most perfect time to clean the vehicles. No, they didn't capture these brute thieves. Remember, Satan is still out there!

I want to share with you an interesting parallel from reality to spirituality:

1. Who is the thief in a spiritual realm? Satan! Always, always beware of him!
2. Read John 10:10.. Satan lures us into the trap (sins) and destroys us!
3. The very soul we have may be ransacked by Satan himself. Disappointing? Yes. But look to the person who gives us life, Jesus Christ.
4. Repent from your sins (clean up your life).
5. Enjoy the Lord's favor (we're enjoying a clean car!!)

Really, the loss is our gain! "What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ..." Philippians 3:8 (niv)

I love this verse!!! Whatever I have doesn't give me eternal life! When it comes to Oakleys, it a costly loss. I actually lost an Oakley. It is in the bottom of the sound (ocean inlet) at Outer Banks, NC. Two Oakleys are a costly loss. But that's ok. There's more to life than these losses. When it comes to loss of home, job, or a life, it is my prayer that God will remind us that these losses are nothing compared to the "SURPASSING GREATNESS OF KNOWING CHRIST"! Is God playing mind games with us? I think not!

Materialism doesn't make you right with God.
Wealth doesn't make you right with God.
Having a perfect earthly family doesn't make you right with God.

All these things are destined to rot and perish. They don't last forever. It is our Lord Jesus Christ that makes you right with God! That lasts forever!

2 comments:

Fitness4God said...

Nemo has your Oakley in the Outerbanks...

Yet, we rejoiced before the Lord!! I was actually singing with my wife in the car as we left to go to work, "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!" Crazy, are we? I doubt it!

Heh..nah, you're not CRAZY! What did Jesus say? GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR THIS IS GOD's WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST!

Be JOYFUL always. Pray continually.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Pray for the thieves. Forgive them.

Jesus said, "Father, forgive these people, because they don't know what they are doing." Luke 23:34

Mark Lowenstein said...

Hillarious!!! Nemo! Now, we're on the search again for Nemo!! I doubt he'll go to Australia this time.. He'll be on a journey to show Andy Deuschle (current deaf minister with Anchorage Church of Christ Deaf Ministry) my cool shades!! LOL!!!!

Oh joy, joy, joy!!!