Saturday, September 11, 2004

Ping!

Last night, I played softball for the Fairfax Church of Christ Class Acts team. We won both games and everyone did a very good job. I got a chance to meet David (last name withheld), a new player on the team, and he signs very little. It was good to meet him because he told me that he has a co-worker that is deaf with the USDA (agriculture department). Now, I wonder what God is going to do about this?

Today, my daughter, Amanda has a softball game. Then my youngest daughter, Alyson, has soccer practice. Then we will go to Baltimore to see the Holladays'. Cliff Holladay is the son-in-law of Billy Leavell, Becky's husband. He is working with a church near Baltimore. Pray that God will bless our day today, as well as yours!

Here's the verse I was reading today. Paul wrote to Timothy with strong and loving encouragements in 2 Timothy 2:1-4: "You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs - he wants to please his commanding officer."

In case you were wondering why I had the word, "Ping!" as a title, I finally hit one, good, nice long ball toward the fence and got a double (on second)! It reminds me of Timothy's frustrations with many churches Paul sent him to. He was a young minister loving the Lord with his life. There will be times when you struggle as a minister or servant just as I struggled to hit one good ball out of 8 (despite some ground balls and bloopers!)! Paul urged Timothy to be strong and endure hardship! That's what it takes to be a servant - being strong and enduring hardship!

God is good! : )

No comments: