Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Cutting In!

Yesterday, I was driving down on Ashburn Village Blvd. faithfully obeying the speed limit of 35 mph while everyone was whizzing by me what seems like 50+ mph! If you get caught speeding on this Boulevard, you pay an additional $200 fine. I would rather keep that in my bank!

It came to a surprise to me that as I drove closer to Farmwell Blvd where the traffic jams in, a lady in a car horrendously cut in front of me forcing me to slam the brake and swerve away avoiding an accident! Go figure! One thing I did not keep in my heart was "self-control". It wasn't a wise thing for me to do. I pulled over to another lane to talk to the lady. I must say that she was very, very annoying and arrogant! I told her to "watch how you drive!" and she simply waved at me with an arrogant smile. Now, that's adding fuel to the fire brewing in me.

Ahhhh... What was I doing? What was I thinking? As I drove toward the messy intersection of 28, I thought to myself, "Why didn't you just let it go? Why didn't you just let God take care of this. He knows what He is doing." Mark, didn't you remember this verse, "God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well." (2 Thessalonians 1:6-7) Indeed, if I didn't rave on telling her to "watch herself" but maintain my composure showing Jesus to her and when she sees that, guilt may hit her. But that's not important! The only thing that is important is keeping "self-control" in the bank of my heart.

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 15-16 (NIV)

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity." Colossians 4:5 (NIV)

Lord, I thank You for this life you have given us! I thank you for the trials we face and endure because they help shape us into becoming more like Your Son. Thank you for showing me my imperfections to see the perfect Jesus Christ. This helps us know we need Jesus because He is the "perfector of our faith"! It is my prayer that everyone will come to know You and Your great love. Help every Christian to be "wise in the way they act toward others" so that they may see Jesus in us in our everyday encounters. Jesus, You are my great Friend! I love You!

No comments: