Tuesday, April 21, 2009

HIStory













What a story!

I love them with the love of Jesus Christ! I first met Carl and Nina Moore at one of the Northern Virginia Association for the Deaf (NVAD) meeting. They were sitting right behind me throughout the meeting.

After the meeting was over, I got up, turned around and introduced myself to both of them. We chatted for a while until they asked what I do (job-wise). I told them I am ministering for God to the deaf. This, indeed, enlightened their eyes.

They started attending the Fairfax Church of Christ Deaf Ministry (FXCC) (FYI, the ministry is still going strong, thanks to all those who have been there for almost 9 years and counting!!), then eventually became a committed follower of Jesus Christ at FXCC. We've grown to love each other so much! They are fun to be with!

Something had happened to Carl not too long after their commitment to the Lord's church (situation undisclosed). I remembered him coming up to me thinking what it would take for him to take up the challenge to become a minister of the gospel. He said if anything happens to me, I'm gone to do the Lord's will.

Then he forgot.

When his situation came up, he broke down! He wasn't sure what he would do. Immediately, I reminded him what he had told me a couple years before. He quickly looked at me and said, "This is probably it! This is an open door!"

Now, Carl and Nina serves the Lord at Park Plaza Church of Christ in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They're doing great work! Praise God for guiding the Moores!

No comments: