Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wanted Ads: Joyful Deaf Souls













I am really sorry! Deep in my heart, I am!

If I have offended you years back, I'm sorry.
If I have caused you harm, I'm sorry.
If I have pushed you away from the Lord, I'm sorry.
If I have ignored you during the fellowship time, I'm sorry.
If I didn't send you an email reply, I'm sorry.

If someone in the Lord's church pulled you down, I'm sorry.
If someone in the Lord's church force you to do something, I'm sorry.
If someone in the Lord's church turned you off, I'm sorry.

If you love to be with the church family but unable to do so because of your past experiences in the deaf church, I'm sorry.

Surely, I can tell you a whole lot more. I can try and encourage you to forgive and be at peace. I can try and teach you that the experience you've experienced was God's way of trying to build you up, rather than tear you down. Otherwise, you have allow Satan either a "short" or "permanent" victory! Seriously!

I may be blunt here but I believe the deaf churches all over the world need a spiritual make-over, including the Lord's church in Overland Park where I serve. What can we do to avoid placing a "stumbling block" in front of every deaf soul that have not yet come to Jesus today!? What kind of an example ought we be?

Critical or Commending?
Prideful or Praise-worthy?
Loud or Loving
Cautious or Contagious?

If you're a deaf leader or leader for the deaf, or a servant, or a ministry leader, or a lay person, or a follower, take special note of this Scripture:

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:5-6

I (and the Lord) just hate to see critical deaf churches cause us all to lose any opportunities to lead deaf souls to Jesus. Remember, it only take "one" bad example to destroy all the "great things" they could cherish in their hearts.

Nevertheless, those who have not "committed" their lives to Jesus, or have "left a deaf church" because of a serious conflict, please understand that no one is perfect and deaf leaders and followers makes mistakes. Here's a verse for you:

"If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed." 1 Timothy 4:6

And, yes! God has an Ad out:

WANTED: JOYFUL DEAF SOULS (to grow, to love, to teach, to inspire in His church)!

3 comments:

Deaf Band Of Brothers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deaf Band Of Brothers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deaf Band Of Brothers said...

Sounds poetic, sounds like what my heart says everyday. Will continue pray for our world. I like that ad.

Kerusso